Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dune Buggy

Thanks jarto
    And thanks miller for the tape measure!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AIM: Zachary188

Default Looking Good , Zach

Looks good Zach , In the earlier photos i didnt see any welding stands do you have them and just didn't use them or do you need to build some ? I build trailers and speciality equipment , and have a set of plans for welding stands if you would like to look at them . Dan

Thanks Dan,
    i dont have any welding stands but i'd be happy to see your plans
    Thanks

got a little bit more done today, let me know what you think

started on the tach/speedo cluster today

This project is really looking great. I was wondering what kind of brake you are useing to form youre sheet metal ? Particularly the peice over the guages with the radius bends. I see a line down the center of it . Is it in 2 peices or is that a pencil line ? ( I'm refering to the last picture)
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Thanks burninbriar,
    for the tight radius bends i used my generic sheetmetal brake i think its called a "bendito" or something cheap like that. For the gauge cluster i actually just clamped a piece of 4" pipe to the sheetmetal and rolled it over the pipe. The line was a sharpie so i could keep the centerline the seperation of the 2 bends consinstant.

That guage cluster looks really nice for doing it by hand. Do you arm wrestle ???
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

got the R&P mounted, steering joints and tubes all welded in, and got the gauges tacked in place.

today i built a brake pedal, mounted it, mounted the master cylinder, almost finished the battery bracket, and almost finished with the firewall. Let me know what you think