Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AWS Log Book

Default AWS Log Book

I just recently got a certification AWS D1.1 and was told that I need to keep a log book in order to keep my cert. I was wondering if anyone sell a welders log or does anyone have a copy that i could see to get an idea what it should look like. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne21 View Post
    I just recently got a certification AWS D1.1 and was told that I need to keep a log book in order to keep my cert. I was wondering if anyone sell a welders log or does anyone have a copy that i could see to get an idea what it should look like. Thank you.
    Any journel will do just mark down the date the job (location if field work or shop name if shop work) the supervisors name, the type of welding you were doing and what procedure you worked to. and at the end of each week or at the end of a job have the supervisor initishel the book.

The idea is to create a record that can be varified by: Signed BY
    inspector
    a supervisor
    union hall business agent
    foreman
    someone that will swear an afidated (sp) saying they watched you work to this procedure

The only thing that it says in AWS D1.1 is that YOU need to beable to show that you worked to your certs once every six months.

How you do it is up to you

I'll look around see if I have an old book.

TJ
    TJ______________________________________

Right now i'm still in school, but not working in a welding related field. But I do some side work out of my shop at home, so could I just have the person I did the work for write off on it or is someone writing off on it just a recommended thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne21 View Post
    Right now i'm still in school, but not working in a welding related field. But I do some side work out of my shop at home, so could I just have the person I did the work for write off on it or is someone writing off on it just a recommended thing.
    Just a recomended thing in a way: the right type of person is what counts.

In your case I would just keep very accurate records of what you welded and when you did it.

Chances are that when you go to get a job that needs you to be certified you will test to their procedure, but keep the records anyway.

TJ
    TJ______________________________________