Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
4 results in 0.0030 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  • You can also choose from the popular tags.

brazing x

• ajherhold
    started a topic Notch 1/2" Tube

Notch 1/2" Tube

Hey y'all,

I'm having a way harder time notching 1/2" mild steel tube for brazing T-joints than I should be. The smallest hole saw bit I can find is 5/8, and a half inch hss drill bit tears up the end of my tube. I've been more or less filing the notch manually and finishing with Dremel....
    See more | Go to post

• ajherhold
    started a topic BRAZING glasses/goggles

BRAZING glasses/goggles

This has always bugged me when brazing:

I can't seem to find any glasses or goggles that allow me to see the metal at it's "red hot" stage. By the time I can see the metal change color through the lenses, it's already too hot to braze. When heating the metal, I need to sort of...
    See more | Go to post

• ajherhold
    started a topic Torch Handle Heating Up

Torch Handle Heating Up

Hey y'all

Need some advice. I've been brazing and light welding with my Smith Toughcut oxy-acetylene setup for the past year and a half or so, and I've noticed something lately.

After working on a piece for a while, (brazing and/or welding), the torch tip and handle get pretty...
    See more | Go to post

• dkennett
    started a topic Fragile Cast Iron

Fragile Cast Iron

My wife wants me to make a "Water Feature" for her using an antique cast iron pot which has an approximate 6" crack from the rim downward as shown by the attached photos.

The old pot is thinner than you might expect - 1/8" at the lip enlarging to 3/16 - 1/8 going...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X