lookin for a deal on flap discs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin for a deal on flap discs

I looking for some deals on 41/2 and 7 inch flap discs anyone know where to get good deals. I've been to places around my area and there crazy prices.

You might not think this is cheap, but if you buy a case of flap discs at Fastenal, you get a 4 1/2" grinder with the discs. My cost was just over $100.

Comment

how many are in a case?

Comment

I have a few of them I ordered the other day....seem to hold up good for the price.....
        http://www.bulletindustries.com/cata...x.php/cPath/82
        George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
        Fear is temporary, regret is forever
        HH210 with SG

Comment

Sorry it took so long to respond, had to go out of town.....

There were 10 discs in the box I got. I use 60 grit mainly. The grinder was recondioned, but it was a good deal.

Comment

thanks for the website I'm gonna order some, which ones did you order, Just courious becasue you said they hold up well.

Comment

Depends on your usage....I like the 29 style .....and get the zirconia as they last longer........I also get there metal cutting blade....for the price it works great....
              Mike
              George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
              Fear is temporary, regret is forever
              HH210 with SG

Comment

Deal on flap discs

Check out the ebay link below. The discs work well and they are $1.72 for 100 pcs of type 29 zirconia.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Valley-Abrasives

Comment

i have used the vally guy befor they held up fine, they are a little less than a walter but fro $1.70 insted of $10 each they are a good deal.
                  i posted a pic of the 2 side by side in the other post, as soon as i run out of walters i'll be back at vally again. for hobie the vally are great. the only reason i have the walters is they were a gift. i could not justify the $$ as a playing in the shop kinda guy. if i was making $$ with it the walters would have a better chance of getting in the tool order file.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                  summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                  JAMES

Comment

Are the Valley flap discs basically the same as the Harbor Freight discs?

Comment

I just bought 10 5" from ebay seller Lehigh-Valley and he had them to me in 2 day's, i should have ordered more as they were a good price. Sure beats 7+ bucks at wallymart. I even tried the local flea mart twice with no sucess, seems like they aren't there yet...Bob
                      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Lehigh Valley Flap Discs

I have had great success with the Valley Discs. I find they last much longer than the Harbor Freight or Bullet Discs. They do not last quite as long as the Walter, but, I prefer to pay $1.72 for the Lehigh discs versus the $9.00 for the Walter. The Walter lasts at the most 50% longer. Below is the link;

www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com

happy finishing!

Comment

Originally posted by migman2000 View Post
                          I have had great success with the Valley Discs. I find they last much longer than the Harbor Freight or Bullet Discs. They do not last quite as long as the Walter, but, I prefer to pay $1.72 for the Lehigh discs versus the $9.00 for the Walter. The Walter lasts at the most 50% longer. Below is the link;

www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com

happy finishing!
                          I think I'll be putting in an order with these guys when I make a list. Thanks!

Comment

I use DeWalt. No they aren't cheap, but they cut fast and last me for weeks. I can thrash the harbor freight ones in less than an hour.
                            Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
                            Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
                            Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
                            ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
                            1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
                            Arcair gouger
                            Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

Comment

i use dewalt for my 14" chop saw exclusively. they don't seem to load up as much and cut fast as well as seem to last a a bit longer than the other ones available at TSC anyway. but i have not looked for dewalt flap disks, didn't know they had them.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                              JAMES

Comment

Working...
                              X