X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where in nffld?

Comment

Hi Canoe

We are close thats for sure, I found this link it has all the technical stuff on the 150 http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...xstar_150_stl/, It is a dc machine basically only used the Tig portion but I have tried and burned a few rods, till I decided i really didn't want the smell in my house,(garage attached) I'll only stick outside now, but the machine is as portable as it gets, and really works well better than anyother machine I've used, which isn't much, pro welder in Hamilton told me to use the Miller I trusted his advice and I am very happy, another sweet featue is 115/230 powersupply with no switching means you can tap in anywhere.

**** now I sound like a salesman,

get my stuff through BOC gases in waterloo they are great, always willing to answer my dumb questions, not being in the welding trade you always are asking dumb questions.

Cheers
      Jim

Comment

dogleg

Hi: I am a hobby welder who would like to learn how to do TIG welding. Most of my limited experience is with aluminum welding using a MIG machine.Any tips on where to buy a used TIG unit ? I live in Ontario. Thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by dogleg
          Hi: I am a hobby welder who would like to learn how to do TIG welding. Most of my limited experience is with aluminum welding using a MIG machine.Any tips on where to buy a used TIG unit ? I live in Ontario. Thanks .
          I would check the Tri-Ad newspaper. Sometimes local welding supply houses have trade-ins or know of equipment for sale. You may have a hard time locating a 220V single phase machine, as they seem to go quickly. What part of ON are you in?

Comment

Thanks. I live in North Bay. I am not familiar with the Tri Add paper. Where do I find it?

Comment

I think the Tri AD paper covers the southern ontario region. Maybe the Buy & sell? May have listings in the Sudbury & Barrie areas....Do you have a BOC Gasses, Air Liquide, Airgas or Praxair dealer in your neck of the woods?

Comment

Thanks 2Fish: Yes , most of these welding supply companies have outlets here. I gather it is hard to find used TIG machines. Any help or leads will be appreciated. If anyone can give me an e-mail for the trade paper suggested I will contact them. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Tri-ad

This is the link needed:

http://www.isell.ca/

There are two editions, S. Ontario and another, distributed around Ottawa. Not sure how far W. it is circulated, keep your eye out for it though, a new edition will be on the newstands tomorrow (Fri).

You can also look here:

http://www.supershopper.com/

http://www.smartshopper.ca/

http://toronto.craigslist.org/

Comment

Thanks ---redx; I posted an ad. Hope I get results. I would like to get started with TIG but don't want to put out the bucks for a new machine just for casual, hobby welding. Will let you know how I make out .

Comment

Canada

Hey I am from Canada and just found this site ,it looks pretty cool

Comment

canadians

Hi , I'm a pressure welder on the pipeline from Sask. now living in Gretna Man.

Comment

might have someone in mind

Got a kid that works with me up in ottawa might like to set him up for that whats the deal?
                          smokin ana grinnin for 20 years
                          Owner MARKS MOBILE WELDING
                          trailblazer 302
                          hobart suitcase mig
                          miller 30a al spool gun
                          laramy plastic welder
                          brocco cutter
                          pipe beveler
                          all walter hand tools

Comment

Wow, lots of easterners on here. I'm out west in cowtown, Calgary, AB
                            The difference between No One. and No. One is where you put the period. John Force

Comment

Downtown Newbury, Ontario.

Comment

Armstrong BC < the interior the nice part >
                                MM 130 110v Mig
                                Spectrum Cutmate 300 110v/240v Plasma
                                Syncrowave 250 Tig, oldie but welds nice
                                Dynasty 300 DX Tig, very nice machine, AC doesn't start most of the time

Comment

Working...
                                X