X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV Weld
    started a topic The simple way to turn your trailer around

The simple way to turn your trailer around

Been working on this job here at the lake for a few months now and had a large load of red iron on the trailer and had to drive down the driveway head first with no room to turn around. The drive way is over 200 yards long so backing up with the vantage welder blocking the rear window would have been a challenge. Its good to have friends. Thanks Steve, Don
    Attached Files

• Bart
    replied
    We have a condo on the North shore in Brockway. A few years back they renovated the club house and pool area. All the gutters and railing are in copper. Looks great but I always worry about lighting with all that copper exposed. Its a blasted to stand there at the pool and watch the summertime thunder storms roll through over the lake, but I don't lean on the railing

Its mind boggling what people are putting into homes up there. About ten years ago they opened up a large area in the complex for developement and was selling small empty lots for a starting price of $400,000. Now there are multi million dollar homes on these lots. I think the cheapest is going for about 6 million. Chump change for most people up there.

Leave a comment:

• CV Weld
    replied
    Hey Bart,
    No its on Hwy 50 just about 1 mile south of cave rock. The house you see in the background took 14 years to complete with a 2+ million $ copper roof. It completed price was just over 72 million. This home I'm erecting the steel in is a measly 1000.00 $ per square foot. About 13000 square foot worth. You know the lake? Don

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    House looks familiar. Is this on North Shore, maybe Crystal Bay?

Leave a comment:

• beamwalker
    replied
    best way is to turn wheel same direction trailer is goig to straighten out

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    I got a receiver hitch on the front of my service truck . works great when driving the boat down the ramp. especially when you are trying to put the boat in the water beside someone else on the ramp.
    I also have a receiver hitch on the front of my Tractor , , you can move a trailer around the yard with out changing the implement on the back of the tractor.
    seams like you always need to move some trailer when you have implement on the back of the tractor

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by tsalagi View Post
    what if you just put a toung on each end of the trailer?
    Thinking out of the box, I like that

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied
    what if you just put a toung on each end of the trailer?

Leave a comment:

• jfsmith
    replied
    Has any one seen that piece of earth moving equipment that has spider legs as well as wheels. It can stand up and walk away on very bad terrain, or use it's wheels to work on smooth ground, just build your trailer that way. It's the 21st Century and cars can now parallel park by themselves, so why can't we have a spider drive to turn a trailer around?

Actually if I had a truck, I would put a hitch on the front of it as well as the traditional one in the rear.

But we can dream of these things and build them and become rich.

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    replied
    Originally posted by CV Weld View Post
    Your missing the point. This post was meant to be humorous Besides driving a load of steel down a steep drive with snow and ice without your electric brakes hooked up would not be fun. Trust me know.
    Yeah, there's enough seriousness from 9-5. I enjoy the technical threads, but the light-hearted and personal ones are what make you want to come back and keep reading stuff!! I had a load hang on the trailer once and picked it up by accident...does that count??

SSS

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by CV Weld View Post
    Your missing the point. This post was meant to be humorous Besides driving a load of steel down a steep drive with snow and ice without your electric brakes hooked up would not be fun. Trust me know.
    Sorry the Bears are losing and playing badly so nothing is very funny right now

Leave a comment:

• CV Weld
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Put a reciever on the front of the truck and push the trailer in, works for me.

Leave a comment:

• CV Weld
    replied
    Its good to have American Express Crane Service. I love my work.

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    I can just see the look on a customers face now when they are looking over there bill.......
    Labor $1500
    Materials $1000
    Travel $200
    Crain (so I can turn around in your long *** drive way) $3000

Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X