Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

syncrowave 250 dx

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syncrowave 250 dx

Im looking to purchase a synchrowave 250 dx and would like to know if 100 amps will be enough to power the machine. I currently have 100 amp service in my garage.
    thanks, Tony

For a 220 welder you will need 200 amp service.

Comment

You can find the info you are looking for in the 'service & support' menu at the top of this page. I run a Dynasty 300 off of 220 and a 50 amp breaker. Mind you, I don't use the machine above 200 amps, but the required breaker for the machine provides 65 amps at 60% duty cycle, using 250 amps welding current. If you have 100 amp service to your shop, than you should have nothing to worry about with the recommened breaker.

Comment

you will need a 100 amp breaker for 220 single phase, I have a synchrowave 250 and know, I rigged for awhile on 2 50's but was told that was not safe, on a 50 and a 40, one would trip. Good Luck, Paul

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.