Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

hitch tube

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hitch tube

anyone else here build hitches and custom trailers?
    i got a question where can i get 3x3 by 1/4" wall tube **SEEMLESS*.. i've been looking for it for ages. i want to make custom class 5 2.5'' opening. I know Curt and Cequent both make raw class 5 hitch tubes but there like $90 each and there only 18'' long.

So what you want is a piece of tube without the weld sticking inside. Hitch tubes are "broached" to remove the weld. You can have two channels made in a sheetmetal fab shop and weld them together [ ] but then it will have a radius corner inside....Bob

Comment

i want just to get the seemless tube tho... the channels wont work cz it has to be rated for enough weight and the welded channels would look hoaky. The hitch manufactures must get it from some where tho... i'm not only making one or two hitches i'm going to manufacture them for stock.

Comment

your local steel yard doesn't have that??!!!

Comment

Call around the local steel suppliers. That is where I get mine, it is somewhat more spendy.

Comment

it's a wierd product tho to all the steel yard around here . I can get 2.5'' by 1/4'' wall seemless tho, but some customers want the 2.5'' class 5. In my opinion if you need that much weight you may as well use a pintle hook and lunette eye.

Comment

Too bad you don't want 4" sq seamless, i work across the street from the place. They custom make any size but i bet it ain't cheap....Bob http://www.timken.com/products/alloy...ures/kelly.asp

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.