Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

pto posthole digger

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pto posthole digger

anyone know where i can find plans for building a post hole digger?

Originally posted by mitch in ks View Post
    anyone know where i can find plans for building a post hole digger?
    Haven't seen any plans for such, but you might want to drop your question into one of the TractorByNet groups - especially the "Build-It-Yourself" forum.

Also, if you're anywhere nearby, you're welcome to come by and reverse engineer mine.

Comment

thanks tom when i get back down that way i would like to take a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch in ks View Post
        thanks tom when i get back down that way i would like to take a look at it.
        email or PM me at the time and I'll give you directions.

Comment

Built a PHD using a Ford Mainline diff for the gearbox,PTO and safety clutch were from a wrecked header, frame 3x2 RHS, the auger & cutter were purchased new. It is 3PTL mounted and worked well, I sold it 7yrs ago (no further use), the present owner said he would not part with it.
          Send private email for a photo and more details.

R W

Comment

Now we're talking something I know a little of, (tractor talk If you live in an area thats has any rocks save yourself some time and build a backhoe instead. PHD are good for soft ground or even medium soft ground as long as you don't have rocks larger than 2". IF you build a PHD, you will have too build a safety in the drive line, slip clutch or more common shear bolt (grade #2) most common 3-3 1/2" (take stock in these companies) you WILL use a lot of these, I have. Now I mostly just use my Backhoe to dig the hole, set the post where I want it and back fill.

David

Comment

Unless you have all the parts laying around I bet you could go to the farm store and buy a new one cheaper. Try TSC or one of the others in your area or check the internet. I have seen them go at farm sales for less than a hundred bucks. You could not even think of building one.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.