No announcement yet.

Memories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youngwelder, tell us about your first memorable moments of welding.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Comment

Mine would have to be in grade 7 i was the first person in my grade to weld. I seen someone who was in my class welding(he failed grade 7) I asked what it was they said it was welding I asked fi I could but they said if you finish another project we will let you. So I finished one and they let me weld everyone in my class after that asked me about it and wanted me to show them how to.
      Then in grade 9 my metals teacher got me to help teach everyone else who finally got to weld basically how to. I got really good marks that year because of it. So really after that I knew I wanted to become a welder.
      Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

Comment

Now that's a memory worth saving.

Jonny
        Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
        Esab PCM 1000

Comment

Thanks Jonny, I will always keep that memory close to me.

Ryan

Comment

When I was in my last semester in welding tech school, after I retired, I was doing a AWS topic on an overhead, vertical up on 3/8 plate, root bead, 2 filler and a cover pass for a bend test. About half way up on the cover pass a voice, and feeling and vision a combination of all three, (I cant begin to explain this), told me to make crosses and give them away. I had not an idea on what I should do. But yet It was so clear. In a few days I had picked up a box of horse shoe nails, since then about 2 years ago I have about 7000 or more crosses out there. Yes they are free. All over the US, several Countries, and the Military. I thank GOD very day for helping me with this and showing me what He wants me to do.

Comment

Well sometimes its good to follow your heart or voices and do something that will help make other people happy, good job.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
              X