Pipe Templates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulrbrown View Post
    too bad you can't just buy a bag of pixie dust or something and go wala....
    oh BUT YOU CAN...
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Comment

Are you doing tube framing, or pipe welding. I just assume you are talking about gas line or the like. For anything standard (T saddles and such) pipe wrap and quarter marks are the fastest way to do it, at least for me. I was doing some 2" gaurds for the pig launchers/receivers and I made a PVC template for the saddles. I just took a piece of PVC about 6 inches long and a rasp and made a perfect template that you can draw on with your soapstone. Works pretty good, but only for the little stuff. Anything over 2" I still go to the pipe wrap.

For the odd stuff like 45's you can take an old face sheild and trim it to make your template. Use your blue book to get you close, then trim to perfection while you make your fist one. Still have to shape up your fist one, but after that you'll have a good pattern. I had a bunch in the truck. My helper goes through a ton of face sheilds so I never am short of pattern peices.

BTW, any work down there? I'd like to get down there for the winter, but I don't really have any Texas numbers, only CO and WY contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by paulrbrown View Post
        That Pipemaster is slick, but a 12 inch is 700 clams.....I have used the 2 inchers, they are handy.....too bad you can't just buy a bag of pixie dust or something and go wala....can anyone post pictures of the divider way???? I am still kinda unclear on what was written, I once bought on of those all purpose wraparound gizmos, but lacked the grey matter to figure it out. Thanks, Paul
        Pipemasters are great when your fence is going uphill or down and the fence sizes are $100.00 or less

Comment

Working...
        X