Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

found a new truck

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found a new truck

I found a 1998 Chevrolet 3500 with a 12' bed on it for sale in Truck Trader. The guy is asking $5500 for it. 350 V8 and 5-Speed manual. What do you guys think.

Bryce
    BB Farm Supply

Well Id say go for it 5500 is good for a 98 and it would be even better if you could talk him down to :P
    Last edited by youngwelder_154; 01-15-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

but what kind of shape is it in? sounds like a good deal though.

Comment

It seems to be in fairly good shape. I'm going to call the guy tonight. Because of the roads, I won't be able to go look at it right now but I can get a better idea about it over the phone.

Bryce
        BB Farm Supply

Comment

I had a 350 chev once in a 1-ton truck it was great as long as you didn't want to carry much weight. Put a load on it though and watch that gas gauge drop.

Comment

yeah i agree i have a 350 in my truck and the gas mileage sucks.

Comment

Make sure you check the intake manifold gasket. This is a high failure item on these engines. Also have a shop block test the cooling system for blown head gasket. If the cooling system hasn't been well maintained there is a good chance there may be problems with the head gasket.

Personally if I were buying a 1 ton I would get it with a big block. You will never be able to fully utilize this truck with a small block.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.