Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio Operators

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Operators

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guy are also Amateur Radio operators? I figure there has to be some cross pollination between the two fields

SSS
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 01-14-2007, 02:35 PM.

count me in.. WB4WJT
    Jim

Comment

KB2ZVP,
      Bulldog

Comment

Kb6ati.....

Comment

I'm a Ham Op as well.
          Advanced Class for a long while.

But I wonder if it's a good thing to throw call signs out on the net, given the ability ( if you are good in the Call Book ) to obtain too much information about yourself?

We operate from HF to Microwave, mostly HF and VHF though.

Somewhere I have a microwave oven with an antenna jack on the back and a microphone. ( I'll probably get cancer from operating that thing years ago )

Comment

I'm also a ham radio operator. You have a point Harcosparky about posting your callsign.

Regards,
            Rich

Comment

wb4pjy here licensed in 1968...

if they've been waiting for that to get my personal info... I feel pretty safe.

john

Comment

I used to have my First Class Ticket, then a advanced amateur. You are not suppose to give out information these days, especially if you give a location with your call sign.

These days I have lost interest in such things, so I buy welders and weld.

Jerry

Comment

Radio Operator?

Nah,,,,,,,
                  I'm still trying to figure out how to make the VCR stop blinking '12:00' over and over.

Comment

Actually it's interesting to just googl a call sign ....

For example one call sign posted in here worked Field Day from the summit of Grass Mountain in 1969. They ran a class 1A station.

Another call sign worked the June 1998 VHF QSO Party, scored 299 points on 144 Mhz and 103 points on 432.

And yet another ham here, licensed a looong time seems to not have done much in the way of contests or club activity.

I didn't go looking for any non-ham related data but I do use Google in the course of working other hams on HF from time to time.

Comment

Yes ,I'm one too; not as active as I used to be but still active and in a couple radio clubs N2CAX
                      Harold

Comment

Count me in also
                        KD5ML
                        Lindsey Webb

Comment

Kf4wum here. Funny how us hams spread out in other interest. Great Hobby to build towers..................

Comment

hammin

The guy next door has 5 50ft radio towers and every time there is a hockeygame on he f's up my sattelite reception . I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be doing this . Or is he allowed to be on those frequencies? please help before i cut his tower's down. Jef

Comment

QRZ DX? DE WD4FTS Wicked one .... he has an obligation to produce a clean signal, but your equipment manufacture and your installation must meet centin specs to avoid inference. If you ask the neighbor, he could possibly be part of the solution rather than part of the problem ! If he has 5 towers he knows a little about radio waves !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.