Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice...

I need some help making up my mind about a new welder purchase. It comes down to a new Thunderbolt XL, a new Millermatic DVI, or a good used gas powered AC/DC machine (10Kv and Canox is the brand I believe). With the Millermatic, I could sell the old Miller Cricket XL I have now, but either of the other two and I'd keep it. I'm looking for a machine for hobby/light fabrication type work, not to make a living with but maybe a few extra dollars now and then. The Cricket XL has served me well for the 15+ years I've owned it despite two or three blown circuit boards, a result of misuse by me and a few guys around the garage! But I'm not in the autobody trade anymore and I've been thinking of getting serious (more serious!) about welding. The Cricket is just not suited to thicker materials and longer welds.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

J

DVI is a nice machine, Had the opprotunity try one for a few welds and it is very capable with practice. It would be the first choice of the three, if I had to pick from the three.

Peace,

Comment

to buy or not to buy

matic 251 or you'll be sorrrrrry
      It will do every thing you would what and more
      remember buy it only once and dont worry this machine
      is more reliable than well anything I can think of

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.