Bar stool racers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar stool racers?

Have any of you guys heard of barstool racers? Well there pretty cool and myself and some guys from work are gonna build these things. Now if you can just imagine a full grown man on a barstool doin bout thirty mph around a dirt track at a BBQ hmm think Ill call the er for reservations. All I have left to figure out is were Im gonna put the cup holder?

Check out this site: www.barflyracers.com. I have been thinking about one.

Comment

I am 17 years old and this is a Barstool racer i built from the ground up, it can rev up to 9,000RPM+ the motor is a sleeper, nothing stock with the internals, but the outside apperence is, and it also has a Dry stage 1, and a Wet stage 2 Nitrous shots, about 27hp w/o nitrous, and you probley could mutply that 27 hp by 1.5 and get the hp # with nitrous. it has a 6:1 gear ratio, and on paper it says it can go about 90s, but add some of the factors in and it probley can go about 75, i have personaly gone 40-50s on a strip, and the engine is only moving about 4500-5000 RPM, thats all w/o nitrous, with nitrous i can go about 0-30 in 2.5 seconds, and i never gone any faster than mid 30 with nitrous (too Quick), the clutch is a Horstman REDHAWK w/ a 1" bore crankshaft, to a 3/4" bore crankshaft. To stop the thing i have a rear honda CBR1000R brake kit.

(wheels and tires are junk in this pic)
      Last edited by Gordon0652; 01-10-2007, 05:35 PM.

Comment

That's a pretty cool bar stool racer. The nitrous is the icing on the cake. Nice job Gordon
        Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
        Esab PCM 1000

Comment

I'm almmst done with mine, but the longer it sits in the shop, the more I want to do to it.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm likeing that fuel tank!!! You make the tank? That motor has a lot of opportunity! Going to do anything to it other than that carb.?

Comment

I remember the first time I ever saw one of those things. My dad would never let me get one, but now I can make one.

Comment

Great now I know what im buildin at some point this year.... knowin me its gonna have muddin' tires on it... if I was mechanically inclined it basically be a 350 with wheels
                Yea, I am 7'2... No, I do not play basketball!

Comment

them are cool

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

ok, I'm just getting way too old
                    If I were young, I'd make one (they DO look really cool!!!).
                    Something about what my mother said when I was younger:
                    "YOU COULD KILL YOURSELF DOING THAT!!!"
                    bert
                    I'm not late...
                    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Oh well thanks for reminding me MOM!. haha jk
                      welding...its awsome

Comment

another one..."YOU COULD POKE OUT YOUR EYE DOING THAT!!!"
                        I'm not late...
                        I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

best place to get plans?? I would like to put together an electric bar stool using a Dodge Cummins gear reduction starter
                          J & J Speed Shop
                          (716) 830-0506
                          www.JandJSpeedShop.com
                          Jason@JandJSpeedShop.com

Comment

They use to do that around Bochman lake in Dallas, maybe they still do.

The fellow that always won the gas division was a friend of mine. I didn't even know he was into that. He was a Mercedes mechanic.

The last time I saw him, I had gone to a place called the Windmill Theater (a supper club) in Dallas, to see a fellow named Todd Rungren. I had one mixed drink, and even though the show was great, i had to leave as I started feeling poorly...........forget it this is a long story....
                            Careful with That Axe, Eugene

Comment

Working...
                            X