Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

sevice bed

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sevice bed

I built this bed over a year ago. I used 14G for the tool boxes, 1/8'' deckplate for the floor, and 3/16'' for the workbench. mounted just under the bench is receiver tube so I can put the vice on and off. I lost the pic that shows the rear of the bed, but I have a 5hp gas air compressor mounted in it. The welder is a Miller trailblazer 280. I could only work on it part time, so it took me about 2 years to finish.
    Last edited by trevwelder; 02-07-2006, 07:32 PM.

Originally posted by trevwelder
    I built this bed over a year ago. I used 14G for the tool boxes, 1/8'' deckplate for the floor, and 3/16'' for the workbench. mounted just under the bench is receiver tube so I can put the vice on and off. I lost the pic that shows the rear of the bed, but I have a 5hp gas air compressor mounted in it. The welder is a Miller trailblazer 280. I could only work on it part time, so it took me about 2 years to finish.

Hey, nice looking work there! I have a question... how do you get to the oil drain and filter to do a service on the Trailblazer? I thought of mounting mine the way you did, but I wanted access for doing a service easily. Mine is mounted on the rear of the flatbed, centered and facing rearward.

chaikwa.

Comment

Originally posted by chaikwa
      Hey, nice looking work there! I have a question... how do you get to the oil drain and filter to do a service on the Trailblazer? I thought of mounting mine the way you did, but I wanted access for doing a service easily. Mine is mounted on the rear of the flatbed, centered and facing rearward.

chaikwa.

Hi chaikwa, Thank you for the compliment. On the oil drain I use a hose that is 24'' long. I can reach the drain and the oil filter from reaching over the top. It is a tight squeeze, but not to bad.

Comment

service truck - welder oil change

Hi Chaikwa and trevwelder,
        If your welder/generator has a Kohler engine, Miller offers a remote oil drain and filter kit so you can change oil when the machine is mounted close to the cab of a truck. It remotes the filter and drain to the rear panel of the machine.
        You can check it out at www.Millerwelds.com/truck. That web site is dedicated to truck applications.

Trevwelder, your truck does look nice.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.