Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boots

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots

Hey guys,

What's the most popular boots used around your different shops? I am a boot fanatic. I wear steel-toed, 8 inch, water proof, leathers almost exclusively (work, at home, in the yard, to church, you name it). I guess I'm just posting this out of curiosity to see what is the most popular style and brand out in general use. Currently I wear a brand called Danners. VERY comfortable, but a little expensive. SSS

I like to wear Red Wings. They are very cofortable and very durable. They are also very expensive. (You get what you pay for)

Comment

Only 2 places were I cannot wear my RED WINGS.

In bed, and the shower.

I'm a motorcyclist who rides whenever he can, even now in December the bikes are fueled and ready to ride. Nothing more exhilerating than a sub-freezing temp ride, properly dressed of course.

In any case Red Wings has been earning my business for years. Expensive? Not really, oh sure the initial cash outlay may be higher than most but the TCO " Total Cost of Ownership " is less in my opinion.

They take care of you before, during and more importantly AFTER the sale!

My vote is for Red Wings!

Comment

The one thing I wish my Red Wings Had was insulation for the winter. They are so cold. I took my pair from my dad which he bought about 6 to 7 years ago and they just now showing signs of wear.

Comment

I'm not to sure what brand mine are but I got them at marks work wear house, There not that bad I like them very much but I want a better pair there a cheapy and what the guys at work say more dangerous then safe. I find the steel toe notgo back far enough liek the res tof them do. Thats why they said there a death trap

Comment

I like justin boots light weight and soft sole.

Comment

These boots are made for workin'. And that's just......

what they'll do...(you have to hear the music in your head).

Red Wings all the way.

I think I'll add that to my profile.

Comment

'Nuther vote for Redwing here. I agree 100% with harcosparky on TCO. I spend less now on Redwings than I used to on cheaper boots.

Comment

Just looking at different kinds of the Red Wing boots makes me scream I WANT THEM, I WANT THEM!!!!!! :P What are som stores they sell them at?

Comment

The only places I've them at was Red Wing stores.

Comment

Gosh Dang it- got to throw the wrench here. The best boot I ever had was a carolina, cant remember the boot number, but they are discontinued now, my buddy got me the last two pairs from the factory in my size. I have problems with steel toes on most boots. Even in a wide the toe tends to be to narrow, I ran a shovel dead center down my big toe when I was kid, then managed to break it twice in my adult life, got the nastiest toe on the beach. I was forced to find a new brand and went to doc martins, they are o.k. but not my carolinas ! I always have to have those steel toes that are big and square like clown shoes. Any suggestions ? I also always try to get black, you know, fashion statement.

Comment

I wear Red Wing, I used to wear the jack boots when I climbed telephone poles and now I wear steel toed hi tops.

Jerry

Comment

I prefer Red Wings, but I have a pair of military issue combat boots that some family in the National Guard gave me. They are super comfortable and very durable, but they do not have a steel toe, so i have to wear my Red Wings to the jobsite. I wear the combat boots everywhere else though.

Bryce
                          BB Farm Supply

Comment

Originally posted by bbfarm View Post
                            I prefer Red Wings, but I have a pair of military issue combat boots that some family in the National Guard gave me. They are super comfortable and very durable, but they do not have a steel toe, so i have to wear my Red Wings to the jobsite. I wear the combat boots everywhere else though.

Bryce
                            BB Farm Supply
                            I spent over 20 years wearing them dang combat boots. Ran, walked, eat, slept, jumped, fought wearing them dang things!

I kept one pair, the pairt that gots a couplea holes in them!

A 20% Off Coupon got me a pair of Red Wing Motorcycle boots and I've been hooked on them since.

Yeah a RED WING store is the only place to get them. ( maybe they sell them online but knowing how they do business I doubt it - they like doing business on a personal basis )

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              that are big and square like clown shoes. Any suggestions ? I also always try to get black, you know, fashion statement.
                              Mine fall in that disciption, but mine are know discontinued now. Check a Red Wing store to see if they have something you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.