Anybody using a cordless grinder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lithium Battery for Cordless Tools

Lithium-ion batteries coming soon on Ryobi tools. A company in Houston, TX has been developing a new Lithium-ion battery and charger for the company in China that builds the Ryobi tools. It is lighter and has more power (amps) than Ni-Cad batteries.
    The new battery will be interchangeable but will cost more. The benefits are light weight and longer battery life.
    Jim Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Trap Doctor View Post
      ...The new battery will be interchangeable...
      Now that's a great idea that I wish the other guys had done.

Comment

The go to grinder

I've had this grinder for about a year. The battery does not last very long, and it is not the tool for hogging out big welds. However, despite being very skeptical at first, I now look to grab this grinder first, even in the shop. This tool and the dewalt cordless reciprocal saw rate an "A".

Comment

Where?

Originally posted by Agades View Post
          where are you finding them for $59???????
          On eBay, of course. Good luck. I looked at all the folks selling them for about the same price and picked the seller with the best customer service feedback.
          Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
          Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
          Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
          CST-250
          HF-15 High frequency
          XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
          Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Comment

I had to pick up a Ryobi cordless grinder. 2 batteries, charger and grinder all sold seperately at Home Depot, came up to @ $100.00 I don't expect it to last long, but the DeWalt grinder seperate from those combo packeges was over $300 by itself. If I lost it or it gets stolen at the jobsite, I won't have to cry....
            I'm not late...
            I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Thats it, I'm sold! I cant stand swaping hard wheels and wire wheels constantly when doing pipe. I always wire wheel the slag instead of a chipping hammer and alot of the machines I run on don't have hot start abilitys so I find myself grinding the start and stop points alot.

Comment

Oh yeah, and since I first posted on this thread, my DeWalt one is now for sale before I leave for Papua New Guinea. E-mail me if interested.

Comment

Working...
                X