Small TIG Welds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadisonHotRods View Post
    Could you explain this "copper backup purge for stainless"? I am familiar with back purging with argon gas only. How is this copper used?
    Copper plates formed to the shape needed to provide gas in the areas that would be affected by the welding process...to deliver the argon to the precise area, there will be a copper tube welded and there will be holes in it for the gas to flood the area needed...we use copper because it acts as a
    heat sink, and will not stick to the penetration, should there be any.
    This is a corner purge drawing...this can be made entirely out of copper...for welding a fillet.
    Arcin' and Sparkin', Rocky D

"Experience is the name we give our mistakes"

Comment

Weld bead width

Collets and gas lenses are available down to .040 for the Diamondback torch that is supplied with the Miller Syncrowave 250. My bet is they are also available for the torch supplied with the 200. 1.5 to 3mm wide welds are realistic with the 3/32 you said was supplied with your machine.

Comment

can you use strait Co2 for back purge or C-25 maybe ?? or dose it need to be argon. if TIGing the part with strait argon for torch gas, are there any options for purge other than strait argon ??
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Working...
        X