X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabrication welding Related Business ideas

Hi,

I hope all folks here are doing great!

As an welder, i am now sick of working under my boss. I mean i don't like it when my boss instructs me rudely. He just insults whenever he wants to in front of other welders. I am thinking of starting a fabrication welding related business but i need choices and think this is the platform where experienced welder can share their insights about some ideas that are booming in the welding fabrication industry today. Your answers are appreciated...

Quit. Go work for one of his competitors until you figure out what you want to do. You know better than anyone else what disciplines your area has a need for.

Comment

Dear i am not so dumb to understand that. I wanted experienced welders to share any welding related business idea that relatively requires low cost.

Comment

Fabrication welding RELATED? business. Are you going to weld or what. There is money to be made out there. IE get a truck outfitted for portable welding get the jobs and do the work. Sell welding products? That's related. What is it YOU want to do.

Comment

Chapp4,
          welcome to the forum.
          Seriously there are so many types of welding and fabrication, we really need to know what type of work you have done.
          Are you a tig man or more of a beginner mig guy?
          How many years of experience do you have?
          What type of welding machines do you own?
          Did you go to welding school?
          What part of the country do you live in?
          One thing I know is you have to see a need and fill it. Each region of the country is quite different.
          I prefer marine aluminum tig work myself. Once you get established, you can't keep up in my area.
          Hope this helps.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

You need to learn to to turn his insults around back to him. Example How did you get so stupid ,answer I learned every thing I know from my boss . Usually doesn’t last long after you start coming back at them

Comment

Thank you guys for your valuable knowledge and especially @ Bls repair special thanks for you advise. Actually i took it wrongly..

Comment

Do you understand where I was headed with this ? It wasn’t aimed at you.

Comment

If you're gonna go solo it really helps if you already have a good relationship with some clients that could go with you for future business. Sounds like your boss is a douche but don't indicate you're gonna leave till you either have something lined up or are ready to go solo (maybe stating the obvious!) Good luck

Comment

Moreover if you don't mind in advising me is it wise to start this aluminium and steel works with low investment. Please advise ....

Comment

Any "wise" person would tell you not to do it.
                      It is risky. How risky depends on what you can actually do.
                      If you cannot impress your customers with your finished product..........then you will struggle.
                      If you are debt free enough to throw it all out in the wind and learn all about what NOT to do the hard way, you might eventually prosper.
                      If You are up to your eyeballs in debt and limited experience to boot, then you are gonna pay a heavy price.
                      You have basically told us nothing about yourself, so it's pretty hard to nail down any specifics.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                      Miller WC-115-A
                      Miller Spectrum 300
                      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
                      X