Dump Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump Trailer

Here's a home project I did late fall/early winter. I put it on the WE BUILD but I wanted to put all my pictures here. It is an 5' by 10' dump trailer. It has two Rockwell American axles that are rated for 3500 lbs. Gas powered hydraulics and hydraulic disc brakes with a Titan surge brake controller. The trailer work extremely well and hauls very nice also even when loaded.

Here are some more pictures.

Comment

Here is some more pictures

Comment

I wish that it would let me put more than 5 pictures each time.

Comment

Here is where it starts to come together.

Comment

Showing more of the dump.

Comment

Comment

Very nice, that work looks real good. That is a nice size trailer.

Comment

Love it. I've been wanting one about that size. Do you rent it?

Comment

Looks great but do those doors open to the side? what's holding those doors from swinging back while dumping?

Comment

No, I don't rent my trailer because like anything else it will come back broken. The chain holds the door back when she dumps, so far it hasn't fallen out.

Comment

I've been having thoughts of a similar size trailer for my Bobcat skid steer.
                        Haul it to the property, load it, dump it (using the bobcat), then haul it all home.
                        I had electric hydraulics in mind. How did it come out on cost?
                        Those type trailers have caused me to re-think building my own as they are quite expensive. Or at least the ones I've looked at.
                        I would maybe have to make mine a touch wider and possibly wider too.
                        I really like your straightforward heavy duty design.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                        Miller WC-115-A
                        Miller Spectrum 300
                        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Metal was $1500 , the sides are 1/8 and the floor is 3/16. The total cost was about $3200 with everything.

Comment

that is nice looking a lot better than store bought and you have something to proud about, that is really nice, good workmanship, thanks for sharing, Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker Joe 2 View Post
                              that is nice looking a lot better than store bought and you have something to proud about, that is really nice, good workmanship, thanks for sharing, Joe
                              Thank you, I forgot to list what else I had for materials 5''channel @6.7 lbs/ft for dump and sub frame, 3'' channel for the sides, 4 inch channel for the "a" frame. 2x1/8 " square tubing for the top rail. 5'x10' 3/16" sheet and 6'x12' 1/8" sheet. 1/2"plate for the corners and frame hinges, 3/4" plate for dump hinges.

Comment

Working...
                              X