X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat 326 Damage

These guys keep me working.
    Will update after we can check it for how bad the damage is

Holy smokes. I was an equipment operator for five years when I was going to college, have never seen someone manage to flip an excavator over. Heard about it, never saw it. Hope nobody got hurt.

Comment

Funny thing is all it did was bend the exhaust pipe and hood a little, and knock off a small hose bracket.

Comment

Wow, would love to see how that happened.
        if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

I believe, but I can't prove it, that the "driver" (because there's not a operator in the **** bunch) was playing around seeing how far he could hang off the edge. The guy who did it is notorious for tearing up equipment. I've been complaining about him for over year, telling them that he's gonna kill somebody or himself.

Comment

They did this to the same machine about 6 months ago

Comment

Is that on the hydraulic thumb bracket? <br />
              <br />
              I totally believe they didn't do much damage, those machines have a lot of little things you can break pretty easily, but by and large, they're pretty skookum. <br />
              <br />
              The boss needs to wrangle those guys in. Running heavy equipment is a good job. It's not a matter of if something is gonna break, it's a matter of when and how long will that piece of equipment be down for repair. Something will get broken. If he crew is wreckless, it makes it that much worse and that much more dangerous. <br />
              <br />
              What part of the world are you in?

Comment

These guys are just flat out dangerous. I can't even begin to tell you the crazy unsafe stuff I've seen done here. There is absolutely no recourse on the these guys when they damage stuff. Sad part is that this is a local government entity.

When the thumb broke that last time, we just tossed the whole thing and installed a aftermarket hydraulic unit.

Im in Fredericksburg Virginia. About 45 miles south of Washington D.C.

Comment

So pretty much normal governmental fraud, waste and abuse going on there...figures. That's too bad these guys think it's perfectly ok to trash tax payer bought and paid for equipment. I'm a local government employee myself so I feel your pain. Although I do consider myself a good steward of the "people's" money and property. Hopefully when they kill someone it won't be an innocent bystander.

Comment

Sh!t, I just hope it's not me.

Comment

Ya, no kidding.

Comment

Just had to beat the hood and door over the hyd pumps
                        out a little. Will repair it once it comes back to the shop for service

Comment

I ran heavy equipment for side line cash, the biggest job I did was clearing, windrow and but 80 acres of scrub threes and stumps, it was a D8 cat and we had a Dresser TD20 and hoe work, I loved that but the sales manger job paid a lot more and no rain outs, I did the mechanic work on them also, that is what the fellow said, I pay well you break you fix at less dollars per hour, oil, water, grease and a full tank, eat the sandwich while you pushing to the windrow fire, they must not understand what the term good stewardship means then I went to work in the oil field high pressure cement mixing truck, with the Pete to pull it was 1.4 million, a lot got run off over excess abuse, it made my living, not going to kill that fees me

Comment

Make him pay for the repair .Bet it won't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bls repair View Post
                              Make him pay for the repair .Bet it won't happen again.
                              Ive worked here for a little over a year. I have seen this same guy probably do 25k-30k total in damage in that year on several different "incidents" over that time with ZERO repercussions. And it's been stupid stuff that he had no business doing. I've been telling them for months to get him off running equipment before he kills himself, someone, or totals a piece equipment.

Thats your tax dollars at work. We have several dumb asses like him who think when something gets one up it's funny. It drives me insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X