New Truck Bed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Truck Bed

Getting several new trucks in need to build 3 beds 8' x 24' with lift gates on the back. This is how we do it.
    Step 1 Set the lower support rails on jack stands square them up and weld in spanner pieces.
    Step 2 Layout channel 4" x 4.5# roughly 16" centers tack the channels at both ends and run a string so all channels line up. Tack each channel in place.
    Step 3 Put on side rails and end rails tack in place
    Step 4 Weld all complete
    Step 5 Layout and cutout for door post

Comment

Comment

Next tack in then weld the door posts, then hang the doors. With this bed we sent it out for paint at this point. To make it easier to move around we put it on a set of rollers

Comment

After paint installed the bed on the truck, Installed the wood flooring. We use a hard wood called Apitong. Then attached the lift gate.

Comment

Truly awesome ------------Beats the CRAP out of my new F-Series with the alum bed !!! (Yours will be around long after mine meets its maker-- Alcoa recycler)

Comment

Don't know how long these beds last. Built my first one like this 12 years ago and it's still going, it is on it's third truck and we trade the trucks in around 350,000 miles so that bed has seen close to a million miles. Blows my mind. Got to love made in America!!!!!

Comment

I will absolutely pay more for the "Made in America" tag.

Comment

Now, That's something I would love to build.
                  if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

Working...
                  X