Circle cutting jig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle cutting jig

I machined this for my plasma cutter to cut circles, got the magnet from Harbor Freight there is a bearing that is pressed in the large round stock with a brass bushing on the under side that makes it run on the race of the bearing, the plug has an "O" grove machined so that it is a push fit and it will not fall out while making the mark for the circle, going to add a few other things and will post another pic of all the parts hope to get my Hypertherm 45 to the distributor tomorrow so they get it to the Doctor, Joe

Very nice, Joe. What HF part did you buy? I would like to make one of these for my PM45.

Comment

How small will it cut? I've had the need to cut 2 1/2" holes quite a bit lately, was looking at some flimflams for my plasma cutter, but I couldn't find one that goes that small.<br />
      <br />
      Hey Joe, I've got a great idea, I'll let you give that to me! You can drop it off to me in Beaumont on your way to Houston taking your machine to the plasma cutter doctor.

Comment

Aeronca41, the Magnet came from HF
        Ryanjones, I cannot do that you are to good to me, that would be taking advantage of you, the smallest I will cut is 3 1/2" did see some circle cutters of Amazon and ebay that were priced right that will cut down to 1/2 I think, going to order a set will post the find.

Comment

Well, if it'll make you feel better, I'll let<br />
          you throw in that broken plasma cutter and a $100 and we'll call it even.

Comment

Ryan your so good to me just cannot thanks you enough, looks like you know when I need help, I will get it to you soon as I can, I did bring the Hypertherm to air gas in Suplhur they said there is a fellow that they use right there in town of Hwy. 90 so I went to his place and hope to get it soon with out to much out of my pocket, don't want to let you have a machine that is broken.

Comment

Ok perfect. I'll even go pick it up for you after its paid for. What's the address?

Comment

Working...
              X