Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gong gift

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gong gift

I whipped this up when a good friend noticed the one I was building my sister for Christmas and commented how she liked it.

The bell is aluminum, and she wants the frame to rust (so it won't be painted). The rope is brown poly, and the clanger is wood. Has a nice tone to it.
    Attached Files

I really like the job you did. Good work!

Comment

Hmmmmmmm

The growing list of uses for old bottles never ceases to amaze me.

Looks good. Please don't show my wife, she'll want one, too; and, I don't have any bottles to spare!

Comment

This was a fire extinguisher. They're readily available if you go to someplace that services them. No one wants to let me have any decommissioned high pressure cylinders because of liability. I might try to see if they'll cut the bottom off of ones they'll give me cause making these is really easy and I have a potential customer who wants a T sized gong for their entryway if they don't go with a ships bell instead.

Hotfoot over on hobart forum is the one who cued me into making these. He's got some neat stuff along the same theme.

Comment

Installed on her birthday.

Should look nice when the plants come back in the spring.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.