No announcement yet.

vertical band saw 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Ryan....you got me. I tried to weasel in on your gig for some free and dangerous swag. When running machine tools, I prefer baggy long sleeve shirts and loose fitting gloves. I always wear my safety squints on my forehead. Don't judge me. At least when running rod like Nicromang, I filter my breathing air thru a cigarette. Enjoy your night my friend! Its a Goldrush on Discovery and watching the kids fight kinda Friday around here.

Comment

Ryan and Ironken, now we going to have to stop this, its getting out of hand, I know you both want to protect me but I won't want you 2 to be at odds over thinks for trivial, I will put them by the road for the trash truck to pick up and that way I will stay safe and you all won't be fighting over tools that could hut you 2, just doing the right thing but got to say you all are fun and even interested in my well being, thanks, you all are bad, should give one of you a pea Sheller that I made year ago, to rubber rollers about 2' long with the frame, pulley on the bottom shaft frame below that then mounted a 3,400 RPM motor and it was on caster so I could move it easy, it looked terrible to look at but bet is was going to shell fast it did, got a hand full of peas, plugged it in put the peas at the roller flipped the switch, it spin and in a circle with four swivel caster every time it would make the 360 spin I was hammered by peas, fellows would have to have bullet proof clothing to shell peas and a broom to get them all over the shop I later learned about reduction pulley and slower motors, so I am still a little wacked must have been a pea got in my head, like you fellows, Joe
      Last edited by Tinker Joe 2; 01-09-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Too bad you didn't have a video of that!

Comment

Yes Ryan, that would have been a good one, it kept eating and shooting peas while I was trying to hide behind the five gallon bucket, it finally wrapped the 50 foot card around it self until it un plugged it self from the wall, know a little more about gear reduction that I did 45 years ago, I think ?

Comment

I would have bought tickets to see that one Joe!

Comment

Ironken, It was nice to be young and dumb with some good ideas, you can really build things fast when one skips the planning stage, always get interesting results.

Comment

Hey Joe, men don't ask for driving directions and we tend to fly by the seat of our pants when we are younger. Its all part of having a "man card". Sometimes the end result is good, sometimes not so much.

Comment

Ironken, had to ask a woman for direction a few years ago, after she told me I said to her please don't tell anyone that a man asked you for directions, though she would never stop laughing, finally got her to stop, said see why men don't ask, no need to ask my wife she still can't tell anyone how to get to our house and she was the smartest in the litter ?

Comment

Mancards...a cherished commodity that, somehow, young men today think very little of. I'd like to go on record of saying that I have officially suspended one of my neighbor's mancard (been three years now he's been without one) and permanently REVOKED my other neighbor's mancard. The kicker, neither one understands why...we're doomed boys, doomed I say!

Comment

Joe....that's some funny stuff. My Dad has said that my Mom was the smartest of the litter too. Sadly her sisters set the bar pretty low.

Ryan....the Man Card is not to be taken for granted, and can be suspended by any card carrying man. With valid proof, the Man Card may be revoked by said card carrying man (upon revocation, the card must be destroyed) and replaced with (2) pairs of skinny jeans and a Honda Civic.

Comment

That's awesome...he actually drives a chevy spark....whahahahahaha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker Joe 2
                          Fellows, I made it out of 3/4" steal tubing . . .
                          Joe, it looks like Ryan and Ken got dibs on your tools already, so what I want to know is where you got that "steal tubing" so I can steal a bunch for myself!! (Doh, sorry, that was pretty bad, LOL).

Hey, you know, what might go well with your portable bandsaw that can be mounted to a bench is one of those little old fixtures that you clip a big drillmotor into to make it into a drillpress. For that matter, there are those little folding tables with an open slot in the middle so you can fix a skilsaw up underneath it to make a table saw. Maybe we could figure out an entire shop-full of such stuff.

Or maybe I could quit making stupid posts like this one and get my butt in gear and do something productive.
                          Last edited by old jupiter; 01-15-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I vote for the last one...slacker.

Comment

Yeah Jupiter, go finish that shear stand and quit giving us other slackers a hard time. You too Joe! Go build some more stuff so as I can get ideas and claim them as my own and impress my buddies. Chop chop, boys!
                              Last edited by Ironken; 01-15-2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Old Jupitor, Like my wife says if every something happens to me there is going to be one big yard sale, I made that one to put in my Mini Machine Shop (MMS) is what my wife calls it, it is a storage room that is connected to the carport that is connected to the house, kinda nice only have to walk through the carport and into the shop, its only 8'X24' only have small machines in it, so space is at a premium, in the big shop is where the big toys are, won't even admit how many toys are in there.
                                If you go by a Lawn Mower shop and if they sell Scags that is what that material comes from, they are really nice, I think the shop has to pay $15.00 if they don't return the pallet, I get them for free but if you would ask in your local area could probably get one at that cost of they might give you several if you beg, bark, role over and if all fails cry.
                                Now you fellow need to get along, this verbal ping pong is fun to read and I am keeping track of who has the verbal advantage, will announce the winner later.

Comment

Working...
                                X