Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller projects welding table

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller projects welding table

Well, after 35 years away from welding I've decided to get back into it as a hobby and for some possible retirement income.

Since my back is no longer in any kind of shape for working off the floor I decided to build a table to work from. I looked over the pics on all the welding forums and finally decided that the table project on the Miller website would suit me best. It's 4' x 6', with a 3/8" top. Wrestling that 367 lb sheet of plate was some fun!

I haven't decided if I want to put in the plasma grate and grit collection box yet, as I'm really not sure if I want to give up the real estate. Guess I can always add that later.

Looks like I can't upload any pics of the table because of the size restriction. 39K isn't much bigger than an icon, is it?

Kiv
    Last edited by kiv; 10-19-2005, 10:04 PM.

Yes the size restriction kinda sucks, but what do we expect for free. I upload my pics to my Yahoo photo album first than post them here, they come out smaller. I use to rassle big sheets around when i was a sheetmetal worker but i don't do much of that anymore. My work benchs are 4x4x3/8 thick and 1 1/2thick x 56x28 and a 26" formed 3/8" c channel x76 long...Bob

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.