Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

miller maxstar??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller maxstar??

Hi, in a few weeks i will be welding bicycle frames together. The tubing i will be using will mainly be .049 wall thickness 4130 chromoly. Though i will have to weld to 3/16 inch thick dropouts also. Those are pretty small though. I was wondering if the maxstar stl or sth would be sufficient to weld this metal.

You should be able to weld these with your Maxstar just fine. I have one and weld motorcycle frames, swingarms and exhaust sysytems all the time.

Comment

You do mean a maxstar 150 right, just want to make sure because i forgot to specify in my post.

Comment

Yes, I have the Maxstar 150STL with finger tip control. It replaced the Econotig that was supposedly stolen while I was at sea, in 2000.

You might grow out of the Maxstar before too long. I did, and will be picking up a Syncrowave 250DX when I return home and start stocking my new shop.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.