Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harcosparky View Post
    This is an interesting observation ...

Is LINCOLN selling the same model under two different names through 2 different vendors??

Case in point ....

Lincoln SP135 ( Lowes )

Lincoln Weldpak 3200 ( Home Depot )

Both are 135 Amp units, and I can 'steal' on from HD, as I have a 10% off coupon AND get an " employee discount " on top of the 10%.
    I think the one Lowes caries is called the Pro-mig 135 (now the Pro-mig 140), at least thats what they are called here. I will check it out as I need to get Mike from school and go there to get him some gloves that fit. Anyway both the small Lincolns are consumer models, the Lincoln rep told me they are a different division than the + or T models (I guess now they are C or T models. IOC, if you like them usually has referb'ed SP-135T models, but they cost more than the refurb'ed HH140's from Northern (I think thats the place). If you are squeezing pennies to get a 120V machine I would recommend the HH140 (25A low end vs. most of the others at 30A) as the best for the money, I don't know about the new Lincolns or Millers but they will be more money anyway and I don't think they could be much better at throwing a bead than the HH140. JMO of course. Having said all that I guess 20% off is a deal on that HD3200, it should also do what you need and if you work there you won't have any problem taking it back if there is a problem.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

From the mouth of the horse ( Lincoln )

Gary:

This (3200 HD)is the same model as the SP135T sold by our Welding Distributor but it comes with a small undercarriage with a very small cylinder mount.

Harry

Comment

ToolKing usually has refurbished welders @ a good price, & they're good to deal with also
        http://www.toolking.com/category/cat...sationId=61768
        Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
        My own shop since 1981
        Cya Frank

Comment

Well Lincoln assured me the 3200 was the SP135T.

My cousin was able to secure me a deal for somewhere around $299 + tax
          ( new unit - full 3 yr warranty )

So for $314, the boy gets a Lincoln SP135T for xmas.

Comment

$389 for the HH140 is a good price. it also has a good reputation, as dose the sp, although it seems i have herd of a few feed motor problems with the sp's but not enough that i think its a big problem, with limited home use it should be fine.
            although if it wetre My $$ the HH140 would be my choice at $389 if you had a tight budget.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by harcosparky View Post
              Well Lincoln assured me the 3200 was the SP135T.

My cousin was able to secure me a deal for somewhere around $299 + tax
              ( new unit - full 3 yr warranty )

So for $314, the boy gets a Lincoln SP135T for xmas.
              Great christmas present for anyone I think.
              Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
              Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
              Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
              Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

he will be a happy camper to find that under the tree.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

Working...
                X