No announcement yet.

Need help Selecting a welder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For under $500 home use I'd go with oxy acetylene. You'll be able to weld heavier than 10 gauge and cut and bend and braze. Plus you won't outgrow it no matter how many electric welders you aquire in the future.

Comment

MattT makes an exilent point, you might want larger tanks later but the torch remains the same, well if you get a good one it dose and will last a life time. just get a good mane torch like the victor or smith and you will have it 10+years down the line.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Hmm I like the idea of oxy/fuel, I herd you can use propain. Ithe only problem with oxy/fuel is the rental of the tanks and where can I really store them when not in use I know you shoudlent in your house, I have a shed but im not sure how much room is in there.
        Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

Comment

you can use propain for cutting and brazing but not for welding, you need acetelene for welding. i would buy the tanks. i have a small set that were not that bad on $$
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Working...
          X