No announcement yet.

bike trailer

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike trailer

Just thought people might find this interesting. This trailer was whipped up by my right hand man out of left over materials from other jobs. The axle is a 2500lb torsion bar out of a rotten snowmobile trailer. The frame was a 1960's 3" channel boat trailer frame (that was still like new), the deck is 1/8" steel diamond plate with flush E-track. It tilts with the aid of a nitro gas shock and has a slide out rear extension that drops the approach angle down to the point you could push a bike up on to it. Its a pretty slick trailer, he did a remarkable job. I will have to see if I can get a close up of the front tire hoop-its all twisted 3/4" he bent around some pipes welded to the welding table. now all we need is to get it sold and recover some labor cost.
    Attached Files

Nice work. It great when you can recycle stuff too.

nice work, i like the twisted steel front wheel holder. should sell no problem.
      thanks for the help
      hope i helped
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat.
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.

looks good, nice job
        thanks for shairing the pics