Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

bike trailer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike trailer

Just thought people might find this interesting. This trailer was whipped up by my right hand man out of left over materials from other jobs. The axle is a 2500lb torsion bar out of a rotten snowmobile trailer. The frame was a 1960's 3" channel boat trailer frame (that was still like new), the deck is 1/8" steel diamond plate with flush E-track. It tilts with the aid of a nitro gas shock and has a slide out rear extension that drops the approach angle down to the point you could push a bike up on to it. Its a pretty slick trailer, he did a remarkable job. I will have to see if I can get a close up of the front tire hoop-its all twisted 3/4" he bent around some pipes welded to the welding table. now all we need is to get it sold and recover some labor cost.
    Attached Files

Nice work. It great when you can recycle stuff too.

Comment

nice work, i like the twisted steel front wheel holder. should sell no problem.

Comment

looks good, nice job
        thanks for shairing the pics

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.