Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring Roller

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Roller

Hi everyone, I'am a new member and new to this forum.
    I need some help, I want to build custom gates and need to build a machine
    that can arch or roll 2'' square tubing.
    Does anyone have an idea on how to build one?
    P.S. I'd sure would appreciate if somebody has an idea on how to
    build one.
    Please send plans

Check this out...
    cgi.ebay.com/Sheet-Metal-Pedestal-Band-Ring-Roller_W0QQitemZ270052132504QQihZ017QQcategoryZ421 47QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Several other members, & myself from the Motorsports board bought one like this.
    You can buy one of these cheaper than you can buy the parts to make your own. If it doesn't do what you need, then you can modify it to suit your needs.
    There are several threads about ring rollers, & the modifications done to them for specific purposes. You may want to go over there & do a search...

http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...isplay.php?f=3

HTH
    Last edited by envano; 08-21-2007, 02:04 PM. Reason: broken link

Comment

i have that roller but it wil not do 2" unless you change out the rollers. also if using tubing it can distort the tube a bit depending on how bent you want it.
      i also have the bender and have used some of the rollers from it in the ring roller, not a perfect fit but you can get buy.

Comment

We have one and have posted plans on how to build it. You can see it on our website http://www.jhchoppers.com, just click on TOOLS in the navagation window.

The information can from Jason on the "Hobart Weld Talk"

Comment

wow thats a nice looking roll, i'm going to have to download the plans and get that babby made this summer. looks verry usefull.
          thanks for the info.
          oh and nice bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
            cool: oh and nice bikes.
            Thanks....

Comment

JHChoppers,

I can't get the autocad drawing to come up, it wants me to update a program, which I did and it still won't come up.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jerry

Comment

ring roller

Thanks to everyone,
                Your info was very helpful, that is what I wanted to see
                To get an idea on how to build one
                Now what i need to do is just get the parts and get started.

JH choppers
                Very nice bikes

Comment

Those rollers look real nice... Now if I could just convince my wife that I *need* one. Just finished convincing her I *needed* the plasma cutter - this might just set her over the edge ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jfsmith View Post
                    JHChoppers,

I can't get the autocad drawing to come up, it wants me to update a program, which I did and it still won't come up.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jerry
                    Try right clicking on the icon and select 'Save Target As' from the popup menu.

Comment

I did all of that, now I have the filoe, but Acad 2000 Says it's an incompatable file format or something like that.

Jerry

Comment

I have the file and can view it with one of the Brava readers, thanks.

Jerry

Comment

Those rollers look real nice... Now if I could just convince my wife that I *need* one. Just finished convincing her I *needed* the plasma cutter - this might just set her over the edge ;-)

best way to do that is find something you can make for her that needs a roller for.

Comment

Update: We have moved the location of the ring roller project, been rolling out a major update to our website and the old location is no longer valid.

http://www.jhchoppers.com/tools/

Thanks,
                            JH

Comment

i need a roller that will roll 1 inch square tubing in 7ft diameter circles

any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.