Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy here.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here.

Hey all, just found this site tonight. Ordered my Miller 210 MIG yesterday from Cyberweld (yes, I read the thread 7 pages back, none of my local dealers would touch the price of Cyberweld.). I haven't touched a welder in probably 12 years when I was doing some race car fabrication, so the learning curve is gonna start all over. Mostly gonna use the welder on some body panels on an old Dodge truck and do some suspension work (independent front end, 4 link rear, etc etc.). So hopefully I can pick up rather quickly. Kinda kicking myself for not getting the 252 but money was a little tighter than I thought right now, so this will suffice. Anyways, I'm sure I'll be asking questions and making senseless posts!!

It had been over twenty years since I had welded and that was not with a wire feed. I also bought a 210 from Cyberweld for price and the fact that my closest dealer is 100 miles away. I found the learning curve with this machine very short, wow, like I hadn't missed the last twenty years. I love the 210. Welcome to the board.

Comment

New MIG

I bought my Miller XP135, 120 volt MIG about 4 years ago. I had been doing mostly stick welding, off & on for 12 - 15 years. I had no MIG experinence at all when I bought it. The learning curve is very, very short. You could teach your grandmother to MIG weld. There are some tricks I have learned over the years, related only to MIG (like welding on a windy day), but to me, it is about the most simple welding there is.

Comment

Never welded before in my life. Took one short course at the local Community College in Stick Welding.

Bought a MM210 from B&R Welder, 'cause they beat the pants of my LWS. I drove 90 miles to thier shop to pick it up. MM210 w/3035 Spoolgun $1850 out the door.

Brought it home in the back of my van where is sat for little more than a week while I worked out getting power to wher the 210 was to be used. Powe was run and an extension cord was tested by hooking it to the welder in the back of the van. Fired it up and ran two beads, one on an outside corner joint, the other a T-Joint. Both passed the BFH test, bent but did not break.

Not bad for a rookie. I blame the MM210 for my success!!!

Comment

welcom,
          the 210 is a great welder you will realy like it. if you decide later you want to goi up to the 251 resail should be realy good on the 210 as there are not many used ones out there as most people like them so much they keep them for a long time. keep it clean and you should have no truble getting most of your $$ back, maybe even all if you sell it localy threw the paper after paying internet $$ you should be able to get most of your $$ back and still be well below local new $$.
          the 210 should handle all you vehical needs though, so i dont think you will end up wanting to upgrade.
          i'm saving for the MM210 myself now, and cant wait.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.