Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dump Truck bed we built

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump Truck bed we built

Here's a little project I did a while back.Built sides,tail gates,hinges,latches,head board & tarp roller but before any of this.I took the 20' reefer box off and shortened the frame.Moved the rear axel foward about three feet.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Wrenchbender
    Here's a little project I did a while back.Built sides,tail gates,hinges,latches,head board & tarp roller but before any of this.I took the 20' reefer box off and shortened the frame.Moved the rear axle forward about three feet.
    were doing the same thing,put reference marks then cut frame 50 inches, to keep weight of front end. I was going to cut frame at a 45 dredge, then weld with 8018cm 1/8" rods with a pre heat of 350 dredges. I guy said align the frame with a string but I think the eye much closer. Have I missed anything out, if please infor me. Thanks Jim

Comment

The way I did this one was to strip the frame bare.It had some stress cracks at the spring hangers.They needed to be welded but while I had every thing off the frame I relocated the holes and moved the axel forward and cut the frame behind the axel.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.