Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.


  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery cover - HELP!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Battery cover - HELP!!

    I have a Miller auto darkening hood, I think it is a 216321 or something like that,, it's the one with Old Glory, and auto darkening with a dimmer control on outside upper left, by temple area.. I need a battery cover goes on the inside, called the local Miller dealer in Tampa and got the distinct feeling I was bothering them!! How dare I ask for such a piddly thing for my $400.00 hood, just cause I can NOT weld without it!! Really ticked me off..

    Does anyone know any dealers that carry them? This was the first time I had to change the battery, and don't know if it was broke to start with or I handled it to hard,,, but one of the little tangs was gone, now I can not get a battery to stay in,, I would weld it in but can't weld with out helmet!!! Just kidding here...

    Thanks gang

    Mike

  • #2
    Mike

    Look here (http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ets/parts.html) and see if they have your part listed. Then you can call back your supplier and give them an actual Miller part number for what you need. More than likely this is a non-stocked item. I would be surprised to find a dealer that has one in stock. I would also notify Miller about how you were treated. Hope this is helpful! Of course you could always just try to use some Duct tape!

    Brennen

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, that is what he said, "Nope we don't carry them go to Miller" Will look at that link, sent Miller a message on the Miller site, waiting for a reply... ZZZZZZZZ,, oh yea, I do have duct tape on it now.

      This is the secound time with a bad scene with this dealer, just don't think I should mention his name here...

      Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        I think you should! We're hear to help each other.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bad Scene

          Aboout a year ago when i was first looking to purchase a welder i walked into one of the two miller dealers in my area to get prices, i was basically told that the welder i was interested in was too expensive for me to purchase, that i could not afford it so quit waisting my time. (TB 302)

          This guy who i've never met knows thinks he knows whats in my bank account???

          So i left without any prices or info at all. (pissed)

          Went to the 2nd dealer in my area got great service and ordered my Tb 302 same day with all cables, and equipent needed for a nice portable welding rig.

          Numb Nuts lost a big sale and future customer, cause he thought he could read me.
          Last edited by Cole; 10-20-2006, 09:52 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Many years ago my brother went to a dealer in jeans and flip flops and asked to see a new MB 450SEL. The salesman told him he should be looking for a Ford. Very pissed he left , later telling his banker the story. A few days later the dealership owner,and bankers buddy, called him. Sold him the car at cost and "replaced" the salesman. It is good to be nice to customers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KEENAVV View Post
              I think you should! We're hear to help each other.
              Well let's say you don't want to take a crap in this town whee I live...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cole View Post
                Aboout a year ago when i was first looking to purchase a welder i walked into one of the two miller dealers in my area to get prices, i was basically told that the welder i was interested in was too expensive for me to purchase, that i could not afford it so quit waisting my time. (TB 302)

                This guy who i've never met knows thinks he knows whats in my bank account???

                So i left without any prices or info at all. (pissed)

                Went to the 2nd dealer in my area got great service and ordered my Tb 302 same day with all cables, and equipent needed for a nice portable welding rig.

                Numb Nuts lost a big sale and future customer, cause he thought he could read me.
                I can believe that,,,this same dealer blamed me for my welder doing something to the circuit board so it would not feed the wire... It was still undr warrenty, and I waited for it to get fixed, they called, I took it home pluged it in, it went "poof" I took it back, and the fix-it guy and the OWNER crappy dude, came out and asked my what I was pluggung it into??? I said an electric outlet, they said how many Hz,, I said the same it has been running on for almost 3 years!! Well back it went to the same guy that "fixed it" the first time.. I wanted to go forward with our project, so I BOUGHT a brand new welder!! in about a week they called, I went back, looked at the repair order and it said he replaced the same thing again??? I took a little gizbatchie called an "Outlet Analyzer" you just plug in in and then pug in anything,, this case a welder and I shoued them they had 56HZ on their outlet,,, how many AMPs that it was pulling and volts, WATTS everything,,, the repair guy was pissed, he thought what he said was law, I had plugged it into a bad outlet, he was a professional!! I was a bum. I pursched the new welder from was the owner, and he had nothing to say when I showed him the repair order. What are the chances of exactly the same malfunction two times in a row?? Why did I not have the new welder do the same thing?? Why did the old welder NOW work just fine, in same outlet???

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KEENAVV View Post
                  Many years ago my brother went to a dealer in jeans and flip flops and asked to see a new MB 450SEL. The salesman told him he should be looking for a Ford. Very pissed he left , later telling his banker the story. A few days later the dealership owner,and bankers buddy, called him. Sold him the car at cost and "replaced" the salesman. It is good to be nice to customers.
                  Id rather have a 500SEL built by AMG,, I am a flip flop guy myself, but when I have to drive I can ride the wifes trike, the steel gettin parts truck or I have the last of three Porsche's and am really used to people looking down at my attire, but they turn around and say to who ever they are near,, what a bum. Then the person next to them say's, maybe but nice car...Then the next time you can just FEEL the improvement in the service, It is really a terrible thing, and at one time early in my sales carrer I was guilty of the same thing,, judging a book by it's cover. I learned, never again,,, I was lucky.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The bad guy..............

                    I would love to just post the name of the business, but several reasons prevent me from doing that, in this sue world, they could just have at me, but it is easy to figure out. And I really am not that kind of person....


                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.