No announcement yet.

You might be a weldor if....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if out of all of your friends you are the only one who understands the phrase arg burn's a *****

if you wear a welding helmet to the grocery store and don't realize it

if you wear a welding helmet to a funeral to avoid being blinded by "the light"
    Last edited by metalmeltr; 09-27-2009, 05:06 AM.
    This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk

Comment

• after a hour of trying to tell your wife why mig welding is faster and more cost saving than stick. so you can make more money in the time you have for a small project. she ask you what it cost for the new mig. (busted)
      TB 325
      TB 302
      dynasty 200sd
      spoolmatic 30a/wc24
      suitcase x-treme 12vs
      miller 211
      evolution rage 2

Comment

• Originally posted by enlpck View Post
        YMBAWI: When your firefighter buddies show off their expensive new fireproof shirts, and your only comment is 'na, they burn'

All right here is one for ya

YMBAWI: your Buddy's in the fire dept. come to your garage fire that the next door neighbor set your shop on fire, and says to all the other firefighter on the first truck to your shop and says "BOYS IF ITS IN THE WEST END OF THE SHOP WE ARE JUST GOING TO WAIT TILL IT BURNS ITS SELF OUT"

Then the other firemen have a funny look on their face like WHY???

and he's says: Ty, welder, compressed gassed and who knows what else.....

I had 3 bottles of Acetylene, 2 100LB propane 4 20LB propane 5 gallon gas cans all over, boat gas tank.....

Not so funny TRUE STORY

no one was hurt and did not lose all, but what a pain in the butt.

Worse of all I was not even home when it happened was working out of town

Railmen
        2007 Trailblazer 302G
        2004 Invision 354MP
        1999 60 series feeder
        2005 Maxstar 200DX
        2007 CST280
        1999 HF 251-1
        older Hobart hefty wire feeder
        Hyperthrem 600
        Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
        had and sold........
        2003 XMT 304CC/CV
        1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
        1963 Lincoln SA200G
        1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
        1970's Lincoln SAE400G
        2 Maxstar's 200DX's
        1 Maxstar 200SD
        CST 280
        2 CST 250
        MM130

Railmen

Comment

• Originally posted by vin-man welding View Post
          after a hour of trying to tell your wife why mig welding is faster and more cost saving than stick. so you can make more money in the time you have for a small project. she ask you what it cost for the new mig. (busted)
          Then you go in to an explanation the size of the constitution about diferent Companies and welder sizes

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboDSM View Post
            you have to go to the eye Dr. because that microscopic metal flake won't come out and your eye swells shut. The Dr. removes the flake and tells you to come back next week to have the rest of the rust removed.
            Been there, done that and have 3 closets full of t-shirts!!!! (in fact going for followup apt. tomorrow 9/30/09)

$5.00 each or 3 for $10.00
            Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
            Miller 340A/BP
            Victor O/A torches
            Lincoln SP125
            Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
            78 GS1000
            82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

• one of your buddys asks you if you know anyone that wants to buy a welder, you reply everyone you know either has a welder of their own, or pays you to do their welding
              Flash me, Im a Welder

Comment

• Originally posted by SkidSteerSteve View Post
                Ok, time to take a break from the technical stuff and have some fun. Let's see who can come up with the funniest (yet, probably true) way to finish that statement. There will be a prize......ok, not really, but it sounded good. Have fun with it. SSS

Here's mine:

....you constantly have a "sunburn" from your bicep to just above your wrist.
                You might be a welder... if you keep an extra pair of shoe strings in your toolbox or your glovebox.

Comment

• You might be a welder if... your buddy sticks a flame from a lighter to your hand and you dont feel it for the first 10 seconds. hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by DVSMP View Post
                    You might be a welder if... your buddy sticks a flame from a lighter to your hand and you dont feel it for the first 10 seconds. hahaha
                    true story?

Comment

• Originally posted by metalmeltr View Post
                      true story?
                      Not sure if it was 10 seconds or how long but it took me forever to realize it according to my friend

Comment

• Originally posted by DVSMP View Post
                        Not sure if it was 10 seconds or how long but it took me forever to realize it according to my friend
                        and i bet your reaction was just to look down at your hand.

Comment

• No i jerked it away.

Comment

• Meltalmeltr seems to be a bit of a hater?

Comment

• extra shoelaces? i use twine or duct tape after the laces are burned away.

Comment

• ymbaw

YMBAW if- the electric bill is so high your wife calls the electric company, and when brought to your attention your eyes well up with tears of pride.

sorry if topic may have been covered, so far i've only read the first 460 posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X