Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

small welding trailer project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small welding trailer project

I've found a new addiction.....this message board! Anyway, I thought I'd throw out some pics of a small welding trailer I built a few years ago (paints a little faded, but hey, I never claimed to be a painter!) It's a basic 5'X8' frame. Rails/tounge are built from 2"X4" tubing, crossmembers/ladder rack are 2"X2". You can see from the pics that the work table folds up for transport. I wanted something that I didn't have to spend an hour setting up and worry about it sinking into the ground if I put something up on it. Notice the tubing is up when in working position. I did this so small parts wouldn't fall to the ground as easy (ever try to find that last bolt that rolled off into the sand??) The tool box is a home depot special. Make sure you drill weep holes in those boxes!! The bottle rack is just a piece of 8" C channel that was radiused to cradle the cylinders with loops for a strap to hold them snug. It was built with a MM 210, Spectrum 375 Plasma, and a basic abbrasive chop saw. You may notice the lack of welding accessories. It's main use in life is as a job site generator, but I wanted the option to use it as a mobile welding platform as well. Enjoy! SSS
    Attached Files

Nice rig there Steve, I like the fold up table idea.

Comment

Welcome!

I like the trailer you built..looks good!
      Farris

Comment

Nice Job. steve
        looks good

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.