Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a 25' Mig gun hard on a 251??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is a 25' Mig gun hard on a 251??

    I just saw a 25' mig gun forsale on ebay are these hard on your drive motor and do they work well on a 251 Actually do they even fit on a 251? Can we advertize a welder we want to sell on here? I have a new bobcat 250 I would like to sell with a New 12V I want a trailblazer 302 with the tig set up to do restarunt stainless so I need to up grade?? Anybody have any Ideas?

  • #2
    It may be harder on your nerves getting it to feed right all the time, unless it is perfectly straight with zero bends...Bob

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a new bobcat 250 I would like to sell with a New 12V I want a trailblazer 302 with the tig set up to do restarunt stainless so I need to up grade?? Anybody have any Ideas?

      Why not pick up a Maxstar 150 STH or Maxstar 200 DX for this application?

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks Danny

        Because the customers don't want you pluging in to the out lets and using there power it would be ok for Mom & Pops stuff but not for the accounts I will service. I considered that but it's not very professional.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks AA

          I was wondering about that. thanks for the quick responce.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by I Bleed Blue
            Because the customers don't want you pluging in to the out lets and using there power it would be ok for Mom & Pops stuff but not for the accounts I will service. I considered that but it's not very professional.
            They work very well when powered by your existing Bobcat, though. And still give you all the Maxstar bells and whistles, and you only have to drag a power cord in, not welding leads/hoses. You'd be amazed how often it is perfectly acceptable to use customer-provided power also.

            But don't get me wrong. If you insist on wanting to weld from the engine-drive, the Trailblazer is lightyears ahead of the Bobcat.
            Last edited by MAC702; 08-22-2006, 01:56 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I was thinking like Mac stated. Power one of the Maxstar units off your generator. I image a large volume of restaurant work being sheet metal thicknesses, which would make the pulse features on a Maxstar 150 STH or 200 DX very useful options to have available.

              Comment


              • #8
                Miller 250 to sell or not to sell that is the question

                I was told that the don't run or won't run off a 250. I'm also wanting a remote for the small bucher shops and farm work I would like to do in the future. I think my 250 and 12 v are sold already. is 4500.00 a good price for the 250 with 45 hrs a 12 v brand new in never used and two sets of leads with parts to build reels for both. oh yeah 100' argon hose? one set is 100' the other 30 of OO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the info Mac.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by I Bleed Blue
                    I was told that the don't run or won't run off a 250.
                    By whom? The dealer wanting to sell you a Trailblazer?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      No buy one of the guys in the engien drive department at Miller. He told me it wouldn't run my Syn 180 thats what I had planned on using when I bought this. Do you kno where I could buy a Pulse Controll 300 for my 180 buy any chance?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by I Bleed Blue
                        No buy one of the guys in the engien drive department at Miller. He told me it wouldn't run my Syn 180 thats what I had planned on using when I bought this.
                        I can see that it might not push a Syncro at full tilt, but it should run it just fine for most work.

                        Besides, I thought we were still talking about a Maxstar. How exactly is the Syncro on your list for portable work?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MAC702
                          I can see that it might not push a Syncro at full tilt, but it should run it just fine for most work.

                          Besides, I thought we were still talking about a Maxstar. How exactly is the Syncro on your list for portable work?

                          It's the only tig I that I have right now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by I Bleed Blue
                            It's the only tig I that I have right now.
                            Ah, I see. I hadn't paid attention that you already have it. What was Miller's exact wording when they didn't recommend it to be powered by the Bobcat? They claim very clean power from a Bobcat, so I find it odd.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MAC702
                              Ah, I see. I hadn't paid attention that you already have it. What was Miller's exact wording when they didn't recommend it to be powered by the Bobcat? They claim very clean power from a Bobcat, so I find it odd.

                              It won't run it is what he said.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.