Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a Compost Maker that works?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a Compost Maker that works?

I know that there are a lot of different plastic compost makers out there, but their cost..... WHEW!!.

Have you built a BIG compost maker that really works well? I'd like to make compost in dual 55 gallon barrels to get my Square Foot Garden Frames up and going.

I would like to see what works for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

I got lucky and came across a CompostTumbler in the local classified ads for free. It does work very well. I'd say you could probably put together something very similar with a 55 gallon drum.

Comment

Have you used or made a good compost maker?

Surely someone has built one of these? With cucumbers selling in North Central Texas for .89 cents EACH...growing veggies is going to have to be a MUST for good taste and price...

Thanks,
      Bill

Comment

I got about 40 yards of compost on the back lot (leaves and horse manure) It gets flipped over once a year. I used to flip it 4 or 5 times a year and I found that letting it sit yeilds better results. You devolp more heat and retain more moisture if you just leave it alone -

dawg

Comment

Turning daily in the Tumbler, I can reduce a load of grass clippings to compost in less than two weeks... Boy does that thing warm up, though!

Comment

Yeah I guess if you dont have the land then its a good way to go......I would say get a plastic 55 gallon drum and mount it on some type of bearings and make a frame for it -

Comment

Originally posted by arcdawg
              Yeah I guess if you dont have the land then its a good way to go......I would say get a plastic 55 gallon drum and mount it on some type of bearings and make a frame for it -
              Upside down roller skates work well!!!

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.