lawnmower blade sharpening jig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawnmower blade sharpening jig

Hello all, I am new here. I was wondering if anyone has built a jig for sharpen lawnmower blades? I am needing ideas as I have about 40 sets to sharpen. Thanks

I just use a 4 1/2" angle grinder. I do about 20 a year for the neighborhood...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

I am sharpening for a couple grass cutters so I. Trying to think of something to keep the angles correct.

Comment

Go to a place that sells commercial mowers, they should sell blade sharpeners. They are expensive, we sell them for like $400+. But that should give you an idea on how to make something. I will look to see if we have 1 in stock, but not sure

Comment

Originally posted by cotydavis View Post
          Hello all, I am new here. I was wondering if anyone has built a jig for sharpen lawnmower blades? I am needing ideas as I have about 40 sets to sharpen. Thanks
          It occurs to me the basis for a machine would start with a radial arm saw. Outfit the saw with a grinder disc, rotate the motor 90 degrees and build a clamp mechanism to hold the blade in correct orientation. You can raise or lower the head to take very light cuts controlling kickback and heat build up. A mist water system would be a nice touch, maybe a wagner paint sprayer?
          It would be nice to see one of these saws used. they are otherwise not very useful.
          Dynasty 280DX
          Bobcat 250
          MM252
          Spool gun
          Twentieth Century 295
          Twentieth Century 295 AC
          Marquette spot welder
          Smith torches

Comment

Working...
          X