Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another Home made Tig Cart & Cooler (Oh Brother) Part 2

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Home made Tig Cart & Cooler (Oh Brother) Part 2

The cooler is set on top to insure coolant supply to the torch lines. The front panel has a fan indicator/test light, adjustable thermostat for fan, an output gage for pressure and temp, and a low pressure light and test switch...

The cooler has a procon pump I got at a garage sale, and the fan and cooling coils soldered in series (60ft) from a dehumidifier. Inline filter. 20 feet of copper line. Grey water pump house switch to give me a low pressure alarms (2 audio and 1lighted). Also 2 thermostats (one inline) to turn fan on at my desired cooling temp...
    The 5 gal SS serviceable tank is top mounted to prevent pump cavitation (1" silicon hose (blue)),thermostat capillary tube in black sheath on side, a purchased pusher fan to exit the hot air out; in event there is a water leak, I have it draining to the rear without touching the welders...
    The electrical is powered from the 2 electrical outlets on the back of the Dynasty 350...One powers the alarms and one powers the pump.
    Last edited by NDAV8R; 12-24-2013, 05:40 AM.

Very Impressive!

Dang! That is nice! I've never seen the inside of a cooler. There's a lot more stuff in there than I expected. More complicated than I imagined.

Comment

Beautiful piece of work...!!!

well thought out and professionally executed...

am looking forward to seeing your other projects...
      Last edited by H80N; 12-23-2013, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Hey my last post got deleted! Awsome man!

Comment

Nice cart, should prove to be very useful. But why two posts for one project?

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...rother)-Part-1

You can put all of it in one thread and everyone can see it without having to jump from one to the next to get the whole story. You can post five pictures at a time, if you have more pics to share just hit "Reply to Thread" and you can add five more. Just keep doing that until you have all the pics uploaded.
          Last edited by Bistineau; 12-25-2013, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I was going to have it all in one thread, but at the last minute changed into two, to show the water cooler and its contents separate from the cart itself. I was unaware of stacking the same thread with more pics...I'll definitely do that next time.
            Thanks.

ndav8r
            Last edited by NDAV8R; 12-26-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.