Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portable Horse Feeders

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Horse Feeders

The little woman is taking an adult education welding class. She needed a project for class so I whipped this out and helped her lay out 3 more. When the instructor saw this he asked if I would start helping him with the class.
    Attached Files

Not sure why only one photo came up but here is the other view.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good. Is that solid round bar or hollow tubing

Comment

Portable Horse Feeders

Solid round

Comment

Give it a good prime and paint .to protect it from the elements.
          Looks real good .

Comment

That will hold up well. Much better then the store bought for sure.
            Smart getting the little woman educated in a welding course. Now you can buy HER a new machine for CHRISTMAS !!!!!

Comment

I should do the same . I need a tig welder

Comment

Portable Horse Feeders

Thank you all for the kind words. As far as getting her a welder... Well... That's exactly what we want her to think...

Comment

Originally posted by traumajunkie View Post
                  Thank you all for the kind words. As far as getting her a welder... Well... That's exactly what we want her to think...
                  An if your nice to her, she MIGHT let you try it out. Don't forget to get her, her own hood too.
                  The only thing I think it might need is to add some short legs to the corners to get the plate steel off the ground for air circulation so it doesn't rust out from underneath where you can't normally see it. That's where the moisture will accumulate and attack the steel, and you won't know it until it(rust) shows up on the top side.
                  You say this is a "Portable Horse Feeder", HMMM, I thought ALLL horses were portable.
                  Last edited by Bistineau; 12-06-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Portable Horse Feeders

She is pretty spoiled because she already has a brand new hood and another on the way for Christmas. We will be adding some pieces to the back of the feeder so they will hang on the pipe fence. The corral they will be used at isn't used year round so the feeders will spend most of the time in the barn and only be on the fence when the horses are there. We are researching the spray on bedliner option but want to make sure it is safe for the horses.

Comment

Portable Horse Feeders

Dang smart phones... Showes the last post didn't go but it's on there now.
                      Last edited by traumajunkie; 12-06-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Send dimensions,,,,.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.