X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admweld
    started a topic Next bucket job

Next bucket job

Couple of pics of the bucket I just unloaded in front of my shop 48" wide but this mother is 6' tall.Customer is providing shanks,front lip,wearbar.Gonna start this week will post pics as I go.Anyone know what the fin/tail on the heel is for?Haven,t seen this before, I know its running in quarry not sure size machine will find out Monday.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by admweld; 11-23-2013, 06:45 PM.

• MMW
    replied
    I think it's funny that in the last pic you can tell which is the welding shop by how dirty the door is. I have two white doors & one is always brownish from being open while welding same as yours. Bucket looks good.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    done

Pics of it done and back in front of shop.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cgotto6
    replied
    Holy smokes. That shot of it next to the stairs really puts it into perspective.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Landlords PC220 my gantry cant lift this my guess is this bucket weighs 5 or 6k lbs.And yes there being charged for wire.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    Looking good. Man that bucket is a tight fit when laying on it's side. How do you flip it around? Outside with landlords machine or is your gantry crane enough?

To anyone looking this is an example of when I would charge extra for wire as you go through a lot of it.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    More pics.Should be finishing it up tomorrow.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
    Based on the size of work your doing it looks like you need a house in the country with a Pole barn.

However, It took me 16 years to finally build my own shop.

Sorry but I had to plant that seed in your head.
    With 4 kids ages 14,6,3,6 months.3 girls,1 boy I won,t be building a shop anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Based on the size of work your doing it looks like you need a house in the country with a Pole barn.

However, It took me 16 years to finally build my own shop.

Sorry but I had to plant that seed in your head.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    With my landlords Pc220 stuck his bucket inside this one lifted slightly and slide it right in.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I want to know How you got the bucket in your shop.

I hate when a customer wants me to use the wrong size material.

I had a customer get mad when I refused to use diamond plate on the stick of the excavator when I was installing a 3 position thumb.

I told him if he didd'nt want to pay me for the plate that he didd'nt have to pay for it but I wont put diamond plate on a excavator.

He paid for it but has'nt called me back since, He put me between a rock and a hard place ( My reputation ) or Loose a customer.

I dont know if I made the right decission or not, He's a farmer that has a Iron worker and his own welders so I'm hoping he just has'nt run across something he could'nt fix his self.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    pics

Here are a few more pics.Ended up using ultracore71a85 1/16dia. with 75/25 gas.On my second 33lb reel now.Runnin all this off my Dimension652 in shop.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jkeeler5181
    replied
    Next bucket job

I have seen alot of variations of rippers on the back of excavator buckets. I've seen guys curl Thier bucket in toward the Machine dig the ripper in and then drag the bucket away from the machine.Kind of like rippers on a cat just to break up some o that hard Rocky ground.. Not sure if that's the case in your situation. I live In British Columbia in the mountains so pretty hard rocky ground. only seen the rippers on logging road building machinery

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Cut out the old edge other day.First problem customer got 16"wide edge,bucket has a 20" now I got to bevel both the back of the new edge and the 4" left of the old one so I can get good penetration and keep this thing in the bucket when the start rippin ledge.Called them told them whet was up they said use it.All by the hr so whatever they want.

Leave a comment:

• Fireman
    replied
    I agree, used for breaking asphalt or concrete.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X