Welding Cart Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Cart Project

Finally got a few days of downtime from work and made a welding cart. Thanks for all the great ideas I got here.

My Millermatic 211 and Spectrum 625X have a new home AFTER they did the work making it! I definitely sweated more then they did.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10251...14703471958161

Last edited by rickwjenn; 11-03-2013, 07:38 AM. Reason: Add Links to Pix

Nice, I like the panel inserts. Best part about the paint job is that there is NO PAINT on your beautiful drive way. I get a kick out of it when items are for sale that say ''fresh paint job''. You see it sittin there on the painted grass or floor. Very professional.

Comment

Five Stars!

Nice design, nice workmanship, and nice aesthetics! Also, the single caster in front is cheaper than two casters and probably works better. Nice big tires in the back. I also like the way the bottle goes through a hole and doesn't require a chain to secure it. Overall, excellent!

Comment

BD1 and Arizona Joe

Thanks guys. Project was fun. Use the large rear tires and 5" front casters so I can roll over rough surfaces around my yard.

Going to fabricate a small toolbox on side for consumables, pliers, plasma cutting guide, etc.
        Last edited by rickwjenn; 11-02-2013, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Finally figured out out to put pictures in text - here are more.

Comment

Just one more thing...

...A little edge gasket around that hole and it wouldn't rattle when rolled too.
            MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
            Just For Home Projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Doughboyracer View Post
              ...A little edge gasket around that hole and it wouldn't rattle when rolled too.
              Exactly - I left a 1/4" open so I could put some hard rubber tubing split done the middle in there. Just need to get back in garage and do it!

Comment

What kind of clamps are those in the second picture? The blue ones. Looks like they are held down with a bolt going thru the table top? Do you have a brand name or link? Thanks.

BTW, excellent job.
                Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
                  What kind of clamps are those in the second picture? The blue ones. Looks like they are held down with a bolt going thru the table top? Do you have a brand name or link? Thanks.

BTW, excellent job.
                  Thank you.

The clamps are all Miller. I got them when I bought the Miller Welding table - one of the best tool purchases I have made - love it!

Comment

Working...
                  X