Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Hose Hangers

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Hose Hangers

I have been needing some place to hang my water hoses near my water spigots in the yard. For years I have kept them just coiled up next to them, but that gets in the way when mowing. I had some 8" pipe that I needed to find a use for, so I used some of it to make these. First I cut off a 5" piece of the 8", then cut that in half lengthwise. I used 1/2" rebar for the upright, and some 3/16" for the other parts. I cut the smaller rebar to 16 3/4" and welded it across the bottom of the 8" piece extending 4" either side. I used 4 other pieces cut to 4" and welded them on at the 9, 12, and 3 o'clock positions. Then I welded the 1/2" to the underside of the 8" and to the 3/16" cross piece. Then added a 4" piece 3' down from the bottom of the 8", and extending down 12" to keep it from rotating in the ground. The last one I made I had to use 2 pieces of 3/8" rebar for the uprights as I had run out of 1/2". I made five of them, one for each water faucet in the yard. The two pictured have 125' of hose on them, a 50' & a 75' hose. The rest have 110' hoses.
    Attached Files

Water Hose Hangers

Nicely done

Comment

Simple but with good purpose. It looks great. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by surfside View Post
        Simple but with good purpose. It looks great. Good job.
        Thanks, I think they will be around for many years. I just need to make sure I keep'em painted good to prevent rusting. As it is, they have 3 coats of Rustoleum Aluminum paint on them, so should be good for a few years before needing to be repainted.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.