Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum 2 car trailer.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum 2 car trailer.

Ok so I've been n the market for a new trailer for a while now. Can't find what I want for a reasonable amount of $$ so time to build. It's shaping up to be 34-38' deck by 96"-102" width with partially recessed/ drive over wheel wells. Still debating weather I want a full deck or just where a cars wheels would fall only opposition is added cost, possibly extruded Al decking?? Should end up sitting on 2 7k torsion axles.

For the frame I'm thinking 6" channel with an additional 6" piece for the A- frame continued all the way to just fwd of axels. Or possible 10-12" channel the whole way with 6" A-frame cut through fwd and welded to inside of side beams.

Before everyone comments on why I can't or shouldn't do this. A little history on me I own a company that builds aluminum marine gangways from 8-80' in length every day. The main use is I want to be able to deliver a 45' gangway on the back of a 1 ton, fwd elevated over the bed. And move my other toys on the weekends. So I highly doubt it will ever see a much over 8k lbs.

You mean like THIS ?

Comment

Sounds like a plan. Don't let us talk you out of it. Take some pics...Bob

Comment

More of a flat deck trailer, Than a wedge. Might end up with a small dove tail just because of the added height of the channel vs a steel trailer witch us usually 6". Think I attached a picture of what I'm thinkin.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Capewelder View Post
          More of a flat deck trailer, Than a wedge. Might end up with a small dove tail just because of the added height of the channel vs a steel trailer witch us usually 6". Think I attached a picture of what I'm thinkin.
          Oh, I took your comment about needing the catwalk to overhang the truck bed as needing a wedge...plus look at all the inclosed storage that you get with it for incidentals.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.