Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next thing going on my rig

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outriggers

Here,s what I got.Pic of the p-side mounted,it is also welded to the outer rail.The d-side cut thru side rail I made to allow this side to slide out.And a pic of the d-side out rigger on the floor unmounted.
    Attached Files

Comment

admweld, If you remember what my truck looks like, I have a full 20' long rack on my F-550, A compressor, the crane and the Miller Pipe pro and I weigh out at 16,680 lbs.

My guess is that you will weigh between 15 and 16,000 Lbs. and your GVW should be 17,500 Lbs.

I used to run with a 24,000 Lb plate but because I haul a trailer and my little backhoe and four 4'x 8'x 1/2"thick road plates I changed to a 28,000Lb plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
        admweld, If you remember what my truck looks like, I have a full 20' long rack on my F-550, A compressor, the crane and the Miller Pipe pro and I weigh out at 16,680 lbs.

My guess is that you will weigh between 15 and 16,000 Lbs. and your GVW should be 17,500 Lbs.

I used to run with a 24,000 Lb plate but because I haul a trailer and my little backhoe and four 4'x 8'x 1/2"thick road plates I changed to a 28,000Lb plate.
        Portable I think I,m gonna weigh more then that.I willing to bet I,m gonna weigh 18,000-19,000-lbs

Comment

pto is on/tank is fabbed

Pic of pto and pump had to chop off some excess tranny material to get pump on.Tank laying on bench waiting for McMaster carr to deliver tank fittings for plumbing.Also pic of p-side outrigger mounted.
          Attached Files

Comment

Tank is mounted, crane is running.Had 3 springs added to p-side main stack,single top helper replaced with a 4 pack helper,d- side 1 in the and a 4 pack helper on top.Truck is up about another 4".Weighed in at 18,600lbs,front tank empty back tank half full tack on another 36 gals of diesel on the number when fully fueled.Will snap a few finished pics and post later.

Comment

Wow, I would not have guessed that.

Comment

Wow, I would not have guessed that.
                Idid I knew I,m running heavy machine weighs 1800,air comp 500lb,deck weighs 3600lb.

Comment

couple of pics of it all done on the rig.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is a great thread. Thanks for posting, and oh yes your truck looks great.
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                      This is a great thread. Thanks for posting, and oh yes your truck looks great.
                      Nick
                      Thank you.Glad you like.

Comment

Truck looks great, Now your at a new level, As far as being able to load things onto your trailer to bring back to the shop, Erecting steel, Using the boom to hold your suitcase feeder where you need it etc.

Any way, Congradulations on your build.

Comment

since your plumbed...

Now its time for a hydraulic air compressor! Also no worries on the oil overheating, a service truck crane is not non stop operation, , and is an open center hydraulic system, so it simply returns to tank when the crane is in idle postion...ie pto engaged pump turning. Also i would recommend running the truck at 1200 rpms or so, if you run a 7.3 or 6.0 injectors live much longer when they are being cooled properly.
                          Kevin

Comment

[QUOTE=Tryagn5;313813]Now its time for a hydraulic air compressor! Also no worries on the oil overheating, a service truck crane is not non stop operation, , and is an open center hydraulic system, so it simply returns to tank when the crane is in idle postion...ie pto engaged pump turning. Also i would recommend running the truck at 1200 rpms or so, if you run a 7.3 or 6.0 injectors live much longer when they are being cooled properly.Ihave the aux idle controller to ramp up idle wasn,t sure where to run it at.Thanks for advice.Was going to put in the blue regulator pressure spring update also.I have a engine driven ir compressor with kholer 11.5hp gas engine 30 gal tank.It,s behind my O/A tanks.
                            /QUOTE]

Comment

I personally like the gas powered ingersorand compressor so that I dont have to have my truck running for hours at a time, My compressor will run for a good 4-5 hrs on 1 gallon, I dont think my truck will do that, not to mention the extra wear on the expensive diesel engine.

Comment

I personally like the gas powered ingersorand compressor so that I dont have to have my truck running for hours at a time, My compressor will run for a good 4-5 hrs on 1 gallon, I dont think my truck will do that, not to mention the extra wear on the expensive diesel engine.
                                agree 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.