The solution was to add two additional bars directly below where the tires go, straighten out the bent expanded metal and finish welding the expanded metal to the tubing frame.
I used knotted wire wheels and glass bead blasting to clean the paint from the areas that required welding.
I also welded on the piece of round tubing to provide a place where my customer could store the latch pin for the tail gate, so it wouldn't get lost.
Last but not least I added a lock for the hinge of the ramp. With the original design the ramp could be slid to the left and removed from the trailer. The problem was that the ramp would work its way out of the hinge so that it would hit the left railing of the trailer, when you raised it. The lock that I added prevented the ramp from sliding axially relative to the trailer.