Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford backhoe front bucket

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford backhoe front bucket

Customer called last night to see if I could weld on two shanks & a bucket ear today. I was in for a surprise. Turns out they tried to fix it themselves. & didn't realize the one loader arm was tweaked from using it with the missing ear. They welded on one ear, in the wrong spot & tacked the other one on, wrong also. They were wrong because they were using the loader arm boss to align them but being twisted it lined it up wrong. When they cycled the bucket it tore off the tacked on ear & that is when they stopped.

Had to fab one new ear, realign one ear they did & weld them on. Remove the end on the loader arm on one side. That's where I'm at now. Going to set the arms in place on the bucket & tack the one boss back in & weld it up. Sorry no before pics.

Name:  84ef0d4ce42a4091a6d08b4633f01341.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  127.5 KBName:  561a34f4aee65820ea9c5e040d14fa22.jpg
Size:  119.5 KBName:  25ac053bcbcbf6dfbfe5ed2e8a4985ab.jpg
Size:  129.8 KBName:  a6663116298d044e497c76c915dfc8a5.jpg
Size:  124.8 KB

That's a John Deere.

Comment

Originally posted by barnumb View Post
      That's a John Deere.
      Was thinking the same thing by looking at the grill.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.